Polter player of the month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polter player of the month.

Think that says how #### poor we've been.

I disagree. At least he has put himself forward after not getting much chance before and probably losing a lot of confidence. Has proved the doubters wrong in my eyes and has given everything and taken his chance with 'aplomb', as they say. If half the team showed as much effort and willingness to do well as him then i'm sure we would be doing much better than we are. Time for the rest to step up and prove their worth. i think fans are criticizing him more because of who he has replaced. If it had've been Charlie scoring Polters goals no one would have said anything bad about it. Just because we now have different personnel up front people are to easy to not give that person a chance and just expect them to be at the same level. Well done Seb Polter, long may it continue.

Comment

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine is he's poo.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        And his terrible stats and goal tally thus far prove, your opinion is spot on.

Comment

lol

When he scored against Wolves my son turned to me and said, "decent header but he's still a bit sh*t."

Can't knock him for trying though, just not convinced he's got the quality to be in the team long term. Happy to be proved wrong though..

Comment

Not a great first touch unless he's finishing a move with it so just play the ball into the box and he'll put it away (Feed the Polt). He doesn't need to be extremely talented to play well for a month and him winning doesn't show how bad we've been, it shows how good he's been.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
              lol

When he scored against Wolves my son turned to me and said, "decent header but he's still a bit sh*t."

Can't knock him for trying though, just not convinced he's got the quality to be in the team long term. Happy to be proved wrong though..
              If he's going to be one of our main strikers for next seasons promotion push, then I think it will be another long season.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Not a great first touch unless he's finishing a move with it so just play the ball into the box and he'll put it away (Feed the Polt). He doesn't need to be extremely talented to play well for a month and him winning doesn't show how bad we've been, it shows how good he's been.
                Let's have this conversation in 12 months.

Comment

He is.

Said similar on a previous thread, he is technically a very bad player. Awful touch, can't do some of the basics. HOWEVER, he seems to be quite effective and bit of an awkward sod. So long as he keeps scoring I am happy for him to be $Hit, but I can't help but think he's having a bit of an Agyemang-esque purple patch and the goals will soon dry up. Hope that is not the case though.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Great - knockering the only player scoring for OUR team

Comment

Let's have this conversation in 12 months.
                      Can you do threads carnting him off in a year then please.

WATRB the place where the player of the month gets slated. It's a parallel universe, come join us.

Comment

Better than Zamora and some on here thought he was Pele!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          He is.

Said similar on a previous thread, he is technically a very bad player. Awful touch, can't do some of the basics. HOWEVER, he seems to be quite effective and bit of an awkward sod.
                          Same could have been said about Austin when he first joined!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            Better than Zamora and some on here thought he was Pele!
                            Now you really are having a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Can you do threads carnting him off in a year then please.

WATRB the place where the player of the month gets slated. It's a parallel universe, come join us.
                              Translation please.

Comment

Working...
                              X