Carlisle United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlisle United

A request was made to the premiership teams to contribute towards repairs to their ground following the floods. Apparently there was no response.

Rod Stewart has now given them 10,000 pounds to help with repairs.

I can't see why the top 2 leagues can't donate, if it was going abroad they couldn't do it fast enough
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      I can't see why the top 2 leagues can't donate, if it was going abroad they couldn't do it fast enough
      That's true, I think clubs that could donate should even a little bit.

It would also be nice if players donated, they get paid so much.

Comment

Carlisle chairman Andrew Jenkins, so disappointed with a lack of response from the big clubs at their time of need, said of Stewart's donation: 'This is a wonderful gesture. Things like this help to give everyone a lift.'
        Jenkins, 79, claims he wrote to Premier League sides requesting prizes for an auction where the funds raised would have gone towards helping the clean-up.
        However, only Everton and Sunderland took the time to respond and help out.
        'I had written to a few clubs,' he said. 'The big London ones, large clubs in the North West, some much closer to home here, and even north of the border.
        'Sunderland sent three items, one of which was four tickets to their game with Man City. Everton sent some memorabilia to be auctioned and Rangers sent us something.

Comment

You'd actually expect the football league and or the FA to put their hands into their very long and mink lined pockets. They take an absolute packet from clubs so should help but it is a poor showing from the top 2 leagues though
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
          X