Change of formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of formation

Was trying to find the thread that was started on this a few days ago but couldn't find it.

However thought going with a back 4 and midfield 4 was pivotal yesterday.

With the players we have a 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 is much more effective and I hope we continue in this fashion.

Two decent strikers, new winger, loungo in the middle with a grafter alongside him and we cN have a really good second half of the season.

Do t want to see the 4 2 3 1 for a good long time.

The good thing about 4-4-2 is that it's easily convertible to other formations if required.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

What about 3-5-2?
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Was trying to find the thread that was started on this a few days ago but couldn't find it.

However thought going with a back 4 and midfield 4 was pivotal yesterday.

With the players we have a 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 is much more effective and I hope we continue in this fashion.

Two decent strikers, new winger, loungo in the middle with a grafter alongside him and we cN have a really good second half of the season.

Do t want to see the 4 2 3 1 for a good long time.
        I think you're misreading the formation from yesterday. It was still very much a 4231. Its just that our wingers knew to come back at times and our centre mids weren't necessarily constrained as much as in the past. Make no mistake, all these formations; 4231,4411,451,433 are all exactly the same formation, requiring exactly the same players but representing different phases. Nothing changed stylistically about yesterday its just that everyone got more competent.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
        X