No announcement yet.

JFH says Charlie wanted to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jfh also said he wants to bring in two more strikers and had irons in the fire.

Massive positive if true.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      I don't get the 4 million or nothing, we didn't make any clubs aware of it to get the best deal for the club.

Let's hope there's a 25% add on clause.
      Exactly, I was thinking the same, and heard on the radio it's 4m plus add ons, so surely England cap, possibly England goal, saints goals/appearances?? But a big sell on would be good, as I have faith in Charlie doing well and with a 4.5 year contract he won't be cheap, especially when you see what saints have been paid for average players in the past.

Comment

Got to thank Charlie for leaving us a couple of weeks to find a replacement. Top man.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          Got to thank Charlie for leaving us a couple of weeks to find a replacement. Top man.
          That's the main thing so we don't have to panic buy.

Comment

Charlie and his wife want to move back to the south coast. He was hoping to go to Bournemouth in the summer but it didn't come off. Southampton are the only other club that would allow him to move back to BH where a lot of their family are and not have to travel too far for training etc.

For him it was an ideal move once the bid was made and good luck to him, he's only ever done his best for QPR.

Comment

Koeman just said on telly that Austin was a long term target for them. On telly, I saw a few glimpses of Charlie at St. Mary´s Stadium just now. Makes me wanna cry actually. But good luck to him.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                To be fair I'd rather not have any player here who doesn't want to be, regardless how good they are.
                A fair point. But think we could have prevailed upon him. But whatever else, good luck to Charlie. Good lad.

Comment

I'm hoping there are add ons, after a certain amount of appearances for example. According to a Saints fan on one of their forums, Charlie has been to the last couple of Southampton games, so it's been on the cards for a few weeks. Good luck to him, he has been superb for us
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Koeman just said on telly that Austin was a long term target for them. On telly, I saw a few glimpses of Charlie at St. Mary´s Stadium just now. Makes me wanna cry actually. But good luck to him.
                    Another person who does not always tell the truth. In the summer Koeman said they had no interest in signing Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      When you get 4 million for him you have to say he wanted to go!
                      Undisclosed BS normally covers that nicely

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Jfh also said he wants to bring in two more strikers and had irons in the fire.

Massive positive if true.
                        Surely that's classed as torture these days
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          They should already have targets if they have anything about them.

Comment

Working...
                          X