Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many players have we made a profit on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many players have we made a profit on?

In that past few years?

Although we only got 4 million for Charlie, I would say we made a profit because we had two and a half years of him playing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      Although we only got 4 million for Charlie, I would say we made a profit because we had two and a half years of him playing for us.
      And the wages and bonuses we paid out, we should've at least broke even here.

Comment

We might have made a profit on Remy, though I believe his wages were high.

Comment

£4 mil for Charlie is great business given we'd get nowt for him in a few months. If he'd have stayed I suspect we'd have not seen much of him anyway due to a succession of niggly strains and random tightness.
          The only way to make a profit is to buy young 'uns or unknown foreigners or develop youth players. Frankly, making a profit on players should not be our focus - we need to buy players based upon what they can bring to the team on the pitch now; not based on their resale value further down the line.

Comment

didn't we make a profit on mackie when we sold him

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              £4 mil for Charlie is great business given we'd get nowt for him in a few months. If he'd have stayed I suspect we'd have not seen much of him anyway due to a succession of niggly strains and random tightness.
              The only way to make a profit is to buy young 'uns or unknown foreigners or develop youth players. Frankly, making a profit on players should not be our focus - we need to buy players based upon what they can bring to the team on the pitch now; not based on their resale value further down the line.

Comment

Not many. Could've with Adel at one stage. How many players have improv3d during their time at QPR is a question you can't ignore. Why would other clubs pay more for them if they don't progress?

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                  Not many. Could've with Adel at one stage. How many players have improv3d during their time at QPR is a question you can't ignore. Why would other clubs pay more for them if they don't progress?
                  That's the question I should've asked, cheers Facts.

Comment

We used to make good money on players get em in from the lower leagues and sell them on was the qpr way. Les Ferdinand , Darren Peacock. Trevor Sinclair , Andy Sinton to name a few, we did ok on young Stirling made a few bob on him i recall earlier this year, im glad we seem to be reverting to the old and right way of doing things, bring in lower league or unknown players and try to turn them into top draw players before selling them on, instead of this buying a complete new team every transfer window and buying well known players on big contracts only to be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      We used to make good money on players get em in from the lower leagues and sell them on was the qpr way. Les Ferdinand , Darren Peacock. Trevor Sinclair , Andy Sinton to name a few, we did ok on young Stirling made a few bob on him i recall earlier this year, im glad we seem to be reverting to the old and right way of doing things, bring in lower league or unknown players and try to turn them into top draw players before selling them on, instead of this buying a complete new team every transfer window and buying well known players on big contracts only to be disappointed.
                      That was one of the greatest things about our club, it was also so sad to see the players leave.

I think Polter could be the next player we make some money on.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        That was one of the greatest things about our club, it was also so sad to see the players leave.

I think Polter could be the next player we make some money on.
                        Its sad but thats where we are in the food chain , when we try to be and act like a massive club it simply doesn't work , we are far better off developing talent than buying ready made ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X