Reckon Charlie's Offski this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    Understand mate but it's as much (or even more) Charlie's decision than ours
    Has given his all for us as well, loves the Club and the Fans.
    A player that loves the gift he has, and enjoys the game and what the game has given him.
    Not a player that will chase the money, when he departs it will be for a club that actually wants him.

If we had remained in the Premiership I think we would have held onto him.

We wasted so much money in signing Players on high wages because of who they are, and what they have done previous to joining us, but so many left it outside when they entered Loftus Road.

I thought we were hopefully turning things around, but the imminent signing of Motta shows that we are not learning from past mistakes and once again signing players on past experience rather than those who offer us a future.

Comment

Sorry Hoop doggy but I dont believe Charlie loves the club or the fans. He scored a lot of goals and it was fun while it lasted but he doesnt love us. Will he love the next club he goes to or does he still love Burnley and Swindon etc? He is well within his rights to do what he is doing but lets not let emotions cloud the truth, its his choice to leave. Im not disputing whether he deserves this or anything but If he said he would sign a new deal with us we would jump at the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
        I wonder whether clubs actually do want to come in for Charlie in the summer. No disrespect to him because he's a very good player BUT prem clubs could have got him for £15m in the summer, adding an Englishman to their squads but people like Spurs spent the same money on foreign untested players. In this window you have Bournemouth paying £20m for 2 strikers but no hint of an Austin bid. Clubs like palace, West Ham and Watford don't want him and the top tier clubs aren't going to have him. Just wonder who would actually take him If this Southampton bid isn't true
        I tend to agree. He's been absolutely top class for us. The best striker we've had, by a country mile since LF, and I'd be sorry to see him go.
        IMHO he seems to perform better playing two up front, and that rules out most of the top sides. Maybe playing with better players, he might continue improving his all round game, and with midfielders capable of breaking at pace, might adjust to the lone striker role?
        Otherwise who does that leave that are...
        A are looking for a striker
        B he will fit the system/style of football they play
        C pretty much guaranteed to be at least mid table, and not flirting with relegation

Comment

Didn't see it mentioned above, we will be saving ££££ on his wages by getting g ride now. A deal could be done done with us paying him the remainder of his contract plus a little Brucy bonus from the transfer fee we receive. A deal can be made financially viable for all parties. I just hope we dont go wasting the cash on loan signings until the end of the season or worse panic buy. This season is over we won't go down, just wait until the summer to use the money to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            It is in the best interest of QPR if Charlie moves on now. Unless he was signing a contract extension which he isn't. Let him go and have 2 weeks to bring in new players JFH style !
            Yes, spot on. anyway, a great player, who I will never ever forget!
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

i still think teams in the bottom 8 of the PL will panic and try and buy him in january. he will guarantee them goals . it would be foolish for him to stay with us , get your new contract when you can especially if you're injury prone like him. as it may not be on the table in the summer .

Comment

Big risk buying a player who's injured now and been injured most of the season. My guess is he's going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                X