Reckon Charlie's Offski this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reckon Charlie's Offski this month

lots of money on him to join Southampton today.

Now favourite to go there than to stay with us.

Brilliant news if true and if we get some sort of a decent fee. 7/8 mill plus is better than nothing. Reports of 10 mill plus we are lookin for.

We can then start looking at who we will bring in.

Gayle
    Washington
    Bamford
    Bradshaw
    Crouch
    Murray

It would be great if true, it's better than not getting anything in the summer, we should not be rash with the money. See the season out then build in the summer
    You Rsssssss

Comment

As I posted yesterday, no chance!

You're basically asking a club to spend £10m EXTRA for 6 months rather than sign him in the summer.

This is Charlie's big move, he'll demand a large signing on fee and minimum £40k a week on a 4 year deal. The numbers are madness to sign him now, unfortunately it ain't happening as no club will do a deal for a total of around £23m now rather than £12m in the summer when no transfer fee will be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Brilliant news if true and if we get some sort of a decent fee. 7/8 mill plus is better than nothing. Reports of 10 mill plus we are lookin for.

Gayle
        Washington
        Bamford
        Bradshaw
        Crouch
        Murray
        I think he is going as well.
        Need the deal to be done soon though so we can look for replacements.

Could get Gayle and Washington for that money and then get Bamford on loan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

You're basically asking a club to spend £10m EXTRA for 6 months rather than sign him in the summer.

This is Charlie's big move, he'll demand a large signing on fee and minimum £40k a week on a 4 year deal. The numbers are madness to sign him now, unfortunately it ain't happening as no club will do a deal for a total of around £23m now rather than £12m in the summer when no transfer fee will be paid.
          But some clubs won't stand a chance in the summer if bigger clubs approach him.
          Can pay £8million now and get him before anyone else.

Comment

I hear what you are saying but what i would add is that clubs may be prepared to pay a premium now in order to secure him now. There will be a lot of competition for Charlie on a free in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              I think he is going as well.
              Need the deal to be done soon though so we can look for replacements.

Could get Gayle and Washington for that money and then get Bamford on loan as well.
              They would be great additions if we had any chance off promotion, that won't happen and the loaned players will have to return to there clubs in the summer,
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                I hear what you are saying but what i would add is that clubs may be prepared to pay a premium now in order to secure him now. There will be a lot of competition for Charlie on a free in the summer.
                That's what I'm saying as well.
                Southampton sign him now they have him.
                Say Spurs approach in summer then Southampton will lose out.

Comment

Taken from a mixed forum:

HarvSFC
                  Jaffa Cake Quiz Champion 2015
                  Site Supporter
                  Supports:Southampton
                  New
                  QPR_Matt said: ↑
                  How much for, have you heard?

No figures been given. Just know the guy who drives the Southampton players around and he's picked up Charlie Austin this evening and brought him down. Hopefully we get him signed, he's the exact player we're missing at the moment.

Comment

That quote went a bit funny, but you get the jist.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                      But some clubs won't stand a chance in the summer if bigger clubs approach him.
                      Can pay £8million now and get him before anyone else.
                      Don't you think 'bigger' clubs will have made Charlie aware of their interest to sign him in the summer?

It suits Charlie and the clubs looking to sign him to wait until the summer, he ain't going anywhere, it makes absolutely no sense financially for a club or career wise for Charlie as he can take his pick in the summer and get himself and his family a brilliant deal.

Comment

So JJBs brother works in Southampton now?

Comment

Don't you think 'bigger' clubs will have made Charlie aware of their interest to sign him in the summer?

It suits Charlie and the clubs looking to sign him to wait until the summer, he ain't going anywhere, it makes absolutely no sense financially for a club or career wise for Charlie as he can take his pick in the summer and get himself and his family a brilliant deal.
                          Unless he gets injured that is...

Comment

Joins a Prem Club now and starts scoring again in the Prem could be considered for euros in summer

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Gayle
                              Washington
                              Bamford
                              Bradshaw
                              Crouch
                              Murray
                              Washington and Gayle would be fantastic signings but like I said earlier don't count on those readies getting reinvested.

Comment

Working...
                              X