• ffp

Four championship clubs have embargoes imposed I am curious
    about our position re ffp have we done a deal with the Football
    League or somthing

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    League or somthing
    won't kick in til next season, probably why everything has been tightened right up this season. the board are doing a good job on that

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
      won't kick in til next season, probably why everything has been tightened right up this season. the board are doing a good job on that
      C what your saying but our so called violations happened ages ago or am I
      wrong our case seems to just drag on has it been forgotten or as iasked
      like if we are good boys no promotion no relegation just mediochre crap
      we are in the clear......just asking

Comment

Really, do you think they are doing a good job
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Really, do you think they are doing a good job
          yes. however things not so great on the pitch

Comment

yes. however things not so great on the pitch
            Agreed.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Cardiff the last club to have a transfer embargo had just 4,000 at their FA Cup game. How quickly a club can hit skid row
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                Cardiff the last club to have a transfer embargo had just 4,000 at their FA Cup game. How quickly a club can hit skid row
                Imaging what attendance they'd get if they had to play in their own league in Wales, the one in the land of their fathers 🤗
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

It's just ill thought out , or very well thought out these clubs that have the embargo against them didnt damage the around them as much as they protect the status quoe of the top clubs which in turn stops investment in the lower leagues

Comment

Don't think they have done a good job on that really. Chucked about 8 mil on fees & wages on gladwin luongo chery polter. Don't play any of them. Polter only in as austin got injured. Plus belters like Angela toszer n gobern on the wage bill n nowhere to be seen.

Comment

And have employed more backroom staff

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        League or somthing
                        so far as i understand it:

- (officially) no deal in relation to the accounts for 2013-14 (promotion season), legal case goes on (although lots of rumours that any fine will be £10m or less rather than the £50m figure that gets bandied around) and there will be no sanction until that case gets finally resolved (whether in court or out of court). either way, at worst, the club should only receive a fine and not an embargo (unless it agrees to an embargo as part of an out of court settlement to reduce the fine)
                        - for 2014-15 premier league rules apply to us which seem much more simple, we only needed to comply with premier league financial reporting rules (which we did), so regardless of what our accounts say when they get published, there's no embargo
                        - this season, we're allowed to make a loss of up to £13m - imo there's a relatively high chance that we will probably make a bigger loss, even after all he purse tightening (lee hoos has said there's still a fair bit to do to make the club financially stable)
                        - next season onwards, far more sensible rules will kick in where clubs are judged on a rolling 3-year basis with adjustments to take account of seasons spent in the premier league.

what's a bit annoying about all the coverage of cardiff's embargo, is that, instead of people thinking about how badly put together the current rules are, every one seems to instead imply that we have cheated etc. we took advantage of what-look-to-me-like a loophole in poorly drafted rules and the length of the legal arguments would seem to imply that the league's position isn't too strong. perhaps these people should look at the entries in leicester's accounts instead.
                        Last edited by klonk; 15-01-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

If we make a loss of more than 13 million, I assume like this year a decision wont be made until next season and we will get an embargo from January and that is all since we wont have gained anything from the spending too much money. I am only going by what happened this season.

Comment

We've gained fark all for quarter of a billion quid, do we really need any more punishment???

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                              We've gained fark all for quarter of a billion quid, do we really need any more punishment???
                              Only us could do 250mil and be lower then when we started

Comment

Working...
                              X