Backs against the wall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backs against the wall!

Looking at the whole picture, we are surely with our backs against the wall. Lets see the facts. JFH have only gained five points from his first seven games in charge. I do not blame him, nor Les. Things are not working well for us and luck seems to have abandoned us! However, I do believe that we have quite a number of problems that are a big headache for every Manager. We must accept the fact that most of our players are too slow for the modern game. A successful team should have a combination of energetic players and others that can read the game. Watching Leicester playing Spurs yesterday, I was amazed by their fighting spirit, the never say die attitude and the high energy they posses. They have no big names in their squad, apart from Mahrez and Vardy. They play simple football, however very highly committed to the cause.
    We have many quality players that, like in the recent past, are not committed to the club. We want to get rid of the high earners, however, what can we do if no other club shows an interest? Our only hope is when their contracts runs down. Only exception of course is CA. If they are still here come the end of the transfer window, what will be the position? Continue to play them, even if we know that they are not committed 100%? Can we bring new players in, even if we know that we have more then what is required to have a squad. What will happen to the younger players that were signed in the summer and are finding it so difficult to get into the team? Will it make sense to bring new players in addition to the big squad we have, keeping in mind the FFP?
    The worst thing we can do right now is panicking. We must accept that the prospect of returning to the Premier has long faded away. So, we must ensure that our situation will not go from bad to worst! Lets ensure that we gain enough points to keep our position stable and this summer re-charge for next season, hopefully, under JFH.

It helps when players want to be at the club instead off elsewhere, there is more sprit at my local pub than what we have at the club, there is no more badge kissers in the team anymore,, Shaun Derry/clint hill for instance, I will give JFH every chance to turn things around and bring in his own players but he won't get much from this bunch
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      It helps when players want to be at the club instead off elsewhere, there is more sprit at my local pub than what we have at the club, there is no more badge kissers in the team anymore,, Shaun Derry/clint hill for instance, I will give JFH every chance to turn things around and bring in his own players but he won't get much from this bunch
      Spot on Harry mate.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Spot on Harry mate.
        There's so many players in this League and League 1 that could do a job for us, and would give 100% as well.
        I really wonder sometimes what our scouts actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          There's so many players in this League and League 1 that could do a job for us, and would give 100% as well.
          I really wonder sometimes what our scouts actually do?
          We only have 1 scout, that's the problem! Part of what Ramsey has been brought in to do is to overhaul the scouting system and network.

Comment

Working...
          X