Write This Season Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write This Season Off?

Is it too soon to say that? I don't think so.

This team is nowhere near good enough to even get to the play off's and sitting in 17th place I feel there’s more chance of us going down then there is us going up this season.

The players at the club now are a combination of not being good enough to simply not caring about our club and are unmotivated to do what it takes to be in a winning side in this tough tough league. We need to clear the ranks as much as possible and build a proper squad more balanced squad again.

Let Jimmy bring his own players in, get them really fit preseason and with some decent recruitment over the summer we can push on and compete next again this season.

What dya think?
    Last edited by JJB; 13-01-2016, 04:30 PM.

Let's improve and show a vision for next season and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
      Is it too soon to say that? I don't think so.

This team is nowhere near good enough to even get to the play off's and sitting in 17th place I feel there’s more chance of us going down then us going up this season.

The players at the club now are a combination of not being good enough that simply do not care about our club and are unmotivated to do what it takes to be a winning side in this tough tough league. We need to clear the ranks as much as possible and build a proper squad more balanced squad again.

Let Jimmy bring his own players in, get them really fit preseason and with some decent recruitment over the summer we can push on and compete next again this season.

What dya think?
      Absolutely spot on JJB.

So there is some sense on this forum
      Last edited by Ramsey is god; 13-01-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

No, not at all. This is a season where JFH can change the Club Ethos. On this road to recovery a few players have to leave, obvioulsy.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Why write it off now? We are fighting relegation and we can win this fight.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            Why write it off now? We are fighting relegation and we can win this fight.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It's was written off last May when the PE teacher wasn't dumped following the hammering at Man City.

Comment

Written off already in my mind. No chance we are going up nor down, will finish 11th or 12th I think.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Wow thought les brought jfh in for a push for the play offs.

I don't think we can right this season off until we are safe. Right now we need to start winning some games to make sure we stay up which isn't a given.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    This. While we´re at it not sure where I fit in. Do not feed the witch, i think.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Don't think we can allow every manager to clear out the squad and start again. Seeing as we change manager approximately twice a season it would be far too expensive. Sousa, Hughes, Ramsay to name but three were all brought in very much as long-term appointments. How long did any of them last? The players know another manager will be along in a minute, and suspect their attitude to JFH is no different. A number of our players do reasonably well at other clubs. Even Damien Dellaney for goodness sake! Liverpool see something in Caulker that we, a Championship club, can't see. There is some talent in the squad (unbalanced though it is). But b*ggered if I know how you bring that out and get it playing.

Comment

I wrote this season off when Ramsey took us down
                        R's

Comment

Some people talk as if every player in the squad is a rotten apple. That's simply not the case. We cannot keep changing the squad every window or season. It's up to the management to get the best out of what we've got. When fit, we've got the players to match most teams in this division.

Smithies

Perch Hall Onouha Konch

Philips Luongo Faurlin Hoilett

Austin Polter

That would be my first team selection. Coach them properly and we'd do ok. This window should be about moving a few players on if we can, and replace them with players, not only with some talent (quality for those with limited vocabulary) but importantly, the right attitude.

We've got some good players at QPR. A lot will depend on Jimmy and Les's man management skills.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Wrote off next too
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I think once we are safe then we have achieved what we needed to achieve. Last season squad was ####. It had been built on a squad that was not much better. We really need to reverse this trend. Which I think we have started to do. Get Smithie in goal. then once Jack Robertson is back we are a right back away from having a solid back four. We have quality in the midfield that can be built on but we need three strikers. Give JFH a proper pre season to nail down what he wants from the team and we should be flying. It was always going to have to be this way. Still might take another season after next

Comment

Working...
                              X