No announcement yet.

This forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im all for different opinions, but arguing over the words that came out of his mouth against some theory you just concoct out of thin air is not an argument over opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
      do you have links to these pro players who were saying he wanted it? not knocking, just interested as i must have missed that first time round.
      Yes mate and very good access to some very good in the know sports journalist.

Don't claim to be itk but I get passed on certain things qpr related because they all know what qpr mean to me.

Half the stuff I get told I don't pass on here.

However I genuinely believe what I have been told about warnock from more than one person who would ha e pretty good insight on to what was going on. I choose to trust these people.

But respect you want to believe what you heard and that there was no possible way it was just or for that moment in time.

Comment

im all for different opinions, but arguing over the words that came out of his mouth against some theory you just concoct out of thin air is not an argument over opinions.
        Wish I could ever be as certain about anything as you seem to be. Anybody who saw Warnock's interview on Sky directly after the Reading win would be left with the very strong impression he was desperate for the job. But he is a proud man and had presumably been told he wasn't going to get it, so why would he humiliate himself on TV and say "I really want the job but they have already promised it to JFH"? Anyone who knows anything about the way the media/ public statements are made by football managers/ politicians/ heads of companies/ whoever will know that they are very rarely straight forward and always have an agenda and are sometimes completely untrue. I don't know for certain he wanted it, but any more than you know he didn't, but everything I know about him suggests to me that he wouldn't duck a challenge if he were offered it.

As for what to do now, agree we are probably stuck with Winless Jim.

But I do find the arguments of some of the happy clappy brigade hilarious. One of the biggest happy clappers was defending Winless Jim's record on the fact that the players are so unfit - yet he had been the staunchest supporter of Ramsey who had been training them for the previous year/ 18 months. I accept that the problems at our club go deeper than the manager, but what are they? And in this vacuum and confusion, is there nobody who takes responsibility?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Wish I could ever be as certain about anything as you seem to be. Anybody who saw Warnock's interview on Sky directly after the Reading win would be left with the very strong impression he was desperate for the job. But he is a proud man and had presumably been told he wasn't going to get it, so why would he humiliate himself on TV and say "I really want the job but they have already promised it to JFH"? Anyone who knows anything about the way the media/ public statements are made by football managers/ politicians/ heads of companies/ whoever will know that they are very rarely straight forward and always have an agenda and are sometimes completely untrue. I don't know for certain he wanted it, but any more than you know he didn't, but everything I know about him suggests to me that he wouldn't duck a challenge if he were offered it.

But I do find the arguments of some of the happy clappy brigade hilarious. One of the biggest happy clappers was defending Winless Jim's record on the fact that the players are so unfit - yet he had been the staunchest supporter of Ramsey who had been training them for the previous year/ 18 months. I accept that the problems at our club go deeper than the manager, but what are they? And in this vacuum and confusion, is there nobody who takes responsibility?
          Nice post, Stainrod. Felt sad watching Neil's Sky interview after Reading. For us, not him. We'd all be a great deal happier with him in charge, make no mistake. Can't beat experience and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Nice post, Stainrod. Felt sad watching Neil's Sky interview after Reading. For us, not him. We'd all be a great deal happier with him in charge, make no mistake. Can't beat experience and intelligence.
            Yep I feel there was an opportunity to make Neil manager and bring in a young, progressive coach under him - maybe even Winless Jim or more sensibly keep the PE teacher as a coach, which is what he is meant to be good at. But that would have meant sacking "Sir" Les - and he is apparently bullet-proof.

Comment

This with bells on!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLagosExpress View Post
                Differing opinions is what makes debate interesting and entertaining...long may it continue as long as it doesn't become nasty and obusive !
                Can tell you're new to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Spot on 77
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Oh dear. Can we please stop this patrionising stuff for a while now.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Oh dear. Can we please stop this patrionising stuff for a while now.
                      I don't think "patronising" is the right word for it
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Its more the fact that people are just ignoring facts because it doesn't fit in with how they want to view the club and moan.

NW - all would agree he is an outspoken guy who doesn't mince the truth. He said he didnt want the job. now people coming up with their little conspiracy theories and he did infact want the job.

Its not an argument its one side telling it how it is and the other side refusing to believe it.

Not having the "we've all got different opinions" on the warnock stance. One side is right and one is wrong.

apart from that little rant, agree with your thoughts. Any heated comments all stem from a mutual love of the club.
                        Do you really think warnock would've turned the job down if he was asked? I'm sure he would've loved to carry on, what some people say and what they want/mean can be totally different ask ant politician

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          I have no view of JFH anymore. Initially had hopes, now have just given up - yet I don't despise him and don't want him out because we can't get anywhere by sacking several managers in one season. Furthermore, I was even ready to stick with Ramsey for longer for the sake of a semblance of stability.
                          I agree with the hamster again!??

someone break the revolver out of the emergency glass case and shoot me in the head
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

back to the OP though, I generally agree with most of your points maids. so I myself know that any disagreement is just a matter of opinion, and nothing beyond that.

much of the rancor is certainly bc its read off of a phone or computer screen. blokes having this same conversation about JFH down the local would not be this heated (for the most part )
                            Rangers Til I Die
                            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Its more the fact that people are just ignoring facts because it doesn't fit in with how they want to view the club and moan.

NW - all would agree he is an outspoken guy who doesn't mince the truth. He said he didnt want the job. now people coming up with their little conspiracy theories and he did infact want the job.

Its not an argument its one side telling it how it is and the other side refusing to believe it.

Not having the "we've all got different opinions" on the warnock stance. One side is right and one is wrong.

apart from that little rant, agree with your thoughts. Any heated comments all stem from a mutual love of the club.
                              Re: Warnock not wanting the job, his words after the Reading match were along the lines of it's a young man's game now, but it has whet his appetite again. That to me says he would have been keen on accepting the post, possibly at least until the end of the season.
                              Last edited by stanistheman; 14-01-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                                I have no view of JFH anymore. Initially had hopes, now have just given up - yet I don't despise him and don't want him out because we can't get anywhere by sacking several managers in one season. Furthermore, I was even ready to stick with Ramsey for longer for the sake of a semblance of stability.
                                that didn't do Watford any harm last season though, did it.? and they even sacked their promotion winning manager in pre-season and their new man is already 2/3 of the way to keeping them up.

So I am not into all this stability nonsense, it's also about appointing someone capable of achieving results.

and if after 8 games, you can see the team going backwards then it is time to hold your hands up and say 'we appointed the wrong man' especially when the previous caretaker won 7 points from 12 and the only loss being a game he missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X