This forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Wish I could ever be as certain about anything as you seem to be. Anybody who saw Warnock's interview on Sky directly after the Reading win would be left with the very strong impression he was desperate for the job. But he is a proud man and had presumably been told he wasn't going to get it, so why would he humiliate himself on TV and say "I really want the job but they have already promised it to JFH"? Anyone who knows anything about the way the media/ public statements are made by football managers/ politicians/ heads of companies/ whoever will know that they are very rarely straight forward and always have an agenda and are sometimes completely untrue. I don't know for certain he wanted it, but any more than you know he didn't, but everything I know about him suggests to me that he wouldn't duck a challenge if he were offered it.

As for what to do now, agree we are probably stuck with Winless Jim.

But I do find the arguments of some of the happy clappy brigade hilarious. One of the biggest happy clappers was defending Winless Jim's record on the fact that the players are so unfit - yet he had been the staunchest supporter of Ramsey who had been training them for the previous year/ 18 months. I accept that the problems at our club go deeper than the manager, but what are they? And in this vacuum and confusion, is there nobody who takes responsibility?

This is exactly how I recall it. I posted an earlier reply along these lines (albeit much shorter) without reading all the posts on here first.

Make no mistake about it, Warnock wanted the job and he would have had QPR in to top 6 by now with at least 2 home wins against either Burnley, Brighton, Huddersfield, Hull, or an away win.

Comment

Wish Neil had got the job myself but if he did want it he should have done what he is known for and spoken out instead of saying the opposite and on that basis until he comes and and says otherwise, no matter what leaks or inside info some have, he never wanted job as those were the words from the man himself and only that man can change it now or at a later date.

Comment

Still talking about Warnock

Comment

Warnock was a short term solution. Would we have gotten into the playoffs at least? Possibly, but after that it's all luck really (as we know). Had we gone up, he'd have left and we would be back to square one. He had no desire to stay in management beyond this season at most and even if he did, he wasn't exactly the best manager outside the championship.
          But if he didn't get us up, I can imagine the reaction here would be something along the lines of "shouldn't have gotten the job; board and tf were thinking too short term; should have given it to JFH when we had the chance"... his legacy at this club may have been dented and I wouldn't want that for him.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Here's the main difference..

Warnock - Had Austin and a centre half partnership of Hall and Ned for all 3 of his games in which we won twice, Austin scoring once and Ned scoring the other time.. and drawing once 0-0 - That being Preston of all sides!

JFH - The only times his had Austin, our only striker is when we drew 2-2 with Brighton and played really well! He hasn't had a prolific striker since the Brighton game to score us goals and get us wins. Mix that in with Perch getting injured and suspended and having to disrupt the centre halves and you have your answer as to why he might not of had a win yet.

We are being far too hard on him without looking at the overall picture in my opinion and to compare him with Warnock who had 3 games, where we beat a dog sh1te Leeds and Reading and drew with a ######## Preston at home is ridiculous.

Look at it another way and whats refreshing.... Apart from having a young talented manager, which we all wanted, we also have someone that hasn't moaned ONCE about not having Austin fit and not having a striker! His done the decent thing in encouraging what he has in Polter.
            Many a time we've had managers who would of been moaning to the hills and back by now about not having Austin available or being able to play Ned and Hall together because of injuries etc.

Don't give it Warnock is the answer after 3 games... Please please please! Look at the overall picture and read what you are saying!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Here's the main difference..

Warnock - Had Austin and a centre half partnership of Hall and Ned for all 3 of his games in which we won twice, Austin scoring once and Ned scoring the other time.. and drawing once 0-0 - That being Preston of all sides!

JFH - The only times his had Austin, our only striker is when we drew 2-2 with Brighton and played really well! He hasn't had a prolific striker since the Brighton game to score us goals and get us wins. Mix that in with Perch getting injured and suspended and having to disrupt the centre halves and you have your answer as to why he might not of had a win yet.

We are being far too hard on him without looking at the overall picture in my opinion and to compare him with Warnock who had 3 games, where we beat a dog sh1te Leeds and Reading and drew with a ######## Preston at home is ridiculous.

Look at it another way and whats refreshing.... Apart from having a young talented manager, which we all wanted, we also have someone that hasn't moaned ONCE about not having Austin fit and not having a striker! His done the decent thing in encouraging what he has in Polter.
              Many a time we've had managers who would of been moaning to the hills and back by now about not having Austin available or being able to play Ned and Hall together because of injuries etc.

Don't give it Warnock is the answer after 3 games... Please please please! Look at the overall picture and read what you are saying!
              I think its simply down to performance and results atm. That's all i'm judging JFH on. I'm not calling for his head and do believe 8 games is far to early to think about giving him the boot. However over the next 10-12 games he definitely needs to make some sort of impact.

If things continue as they are over that period of 10-12 games then something is seriously wrong. Right now I worry as haven't seen to many positives that have me thinking this is the guy but it's early days.

I think we all want him to succeed as ultimately if he's doing well then QPR are but as things stand I think its perfectly reasonable to have reservations about a novice manager who's come in and form has declined under him along with performances.

Going to sit back and watch the next few games and hope we get a bit of luck and nick a few decent points. Maybe thats all we need is a bit of luck and things will tunr around but right now under his leadership its not good enough.

Comment

Working...
              X