Do we need to get relegated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
    I think for too long, those at the top of the club have been pandering to the fans and telling them what they think they want to hear....
    So its the fans fault the board talk ########? ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
      I think relegation wouldn't lower expectations of fans at all. There would still be a sizeable majority that would expect, if not demand promotion whatever league we were in....
      We don't have a God given right to be a Championship club, let alone a PL one. We have historically spent at least as many seasons in (the old) divisions 3 and 4 as we have in 1 and 2.

Comment

Thats a very fair point, but maybe he is saying that based on fans expectations. Having said that he should be saying this club needs stability and time to find a formula that works for the whole club, playing squad, fans, financially etc.
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Any relegation would be ,as many have said, a disaster for the club..as someone else had said let's step away from the media circus we have become..let's be a little less accommodating to sky and become the club we once knew and loved...let's rebuild and accept its the foundations we need to establish to build a better future and not just hope for the quick fix which had obviously done us no good over,dare i say it,Tony Fernandes tenure thus far!..on the pitch it will get worse before it gets better but ultimately vwe,the fans, need to stick together like never before!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            The fans are slated for having too lofty expectations but our DOF comes on TV saying promotion is our aim this season.

How do you expect the fanbase to take these sorts of comments?
            Spot on bakes.

Ramsey was sacked because expectations had changed because we kept out so called better players and sitting in mid table wasn't good enough.

Les goes on tv when jfh appointed to say play offs were the target and we have slumped further and further down the league then when ramsey was here and now it's the fans that's saying wtf is going on getting the pelters and being called deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Spot on bakes.

Ramsey was sacked because expectations had changed because we kept out so called better players and sitting in mid table wasn't good enough.

Les goes on tv when jfh appointed to say play offs were the target and we have slumped further and further down the league then when ramsey was here and now it's the fans that's saying wtf is going on getting the pelters and being called deluded.
              Can't disagree with a single word of that maids.

Comment

If we were to be relegated, then uncle Tony would probably cash in his chips........of course maybe not such a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                  If we were to be relegated, then uncle Tony would probably cash in his chips........of course maybe not such a bad thing
                  I don't think we will be relegated purely because there are 3 really bad teams at the bottom,but we will finish close to the bottom 3 so we should all get used to that, CR said something to that effect beginning of the season,and as I see JFH in the same model as CR I didn't expect anymore !!

Comment

Do we need to get relegated?

Ermmmmm no. Not sure that's the best idea I've ever heard

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      So its the fans fault the board talk ########? ffs
                      I'm not saying its all the fans fault no but as a collective, we need to set expectations at a realistic level....

We just seem to have a lot of fans who think we should be winning week in and week out and are not prepared to give a new manager 3 games, let alone 10!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Spot on bakes.

To be honest, I think the board are just as deluded as the fans sometimes....

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                          My point of being relegated is that it may lower expectations. They are far to high at the moment, which for me is the biggest problem.
                          What? Didnt some fans advocate getting relegated from the Prem for this very reason? How far down do we need to go?

Comment

Working...
                          X