Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Ditto this.

Sentiments are bang on mellow regarding fans expectations etc, we are like a bunch of spoilt children to be honest. Sod relegation though, would ruin us.
    Not sure wishing we'd occasionally hold on to a f acking lead, not lose in stoppage time, consistently play two up front, not rely boringly on Kelvin, not make keeper gaffes, make better use of subs, have a new manager who could win at least one game in his first eight etc, is the hallmark of a spoilt child....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Bet Jimmy gets rid of all of them when we finish in mid table mediocrity, you can quote me on that as well. We really really don't need to go down to do that.
      You are going to see the most ruthless boss in years come out in this man is my guess.
      Hope so Kev.

We need a clear out 100%. However before we speak about that in the summer I think its more than reasonable to say that JFH needs to prove himself with the games he has left to at least get us a mid table position minimum.

I just said on another thread that he was brough in for a play off push not to fininsh mid table let alone on course for a bottom 8 position. I'm not attacking the bloke for the sake of it but he needs to show sometihng in the next few weeks and games that he can move us forward. If he can do that and get us playing then he'll have my full support.

I dont enjoy thinking this bloke aint right for us one bit, but at present there not much to be positive about.

Comment

Interesting OP, and certainly food for thought. The thinking is not dissimilar to the idea of 'phoenixing' a company when it's going bust. Get rid of the debt and the dead wood and start again. I think what the OP illustrates is that there seems to be a deep malaise within our club that no tinkering or short-term remedies seems capable of resolving, even down to changing the manager or appointing a new CEO or DOF.

However, I think that all this will change if (and of course it's a fairly big 'if') JFH begins to turn things around. The most salient post I saw in another thread about sacking JFH was the point about the start of Gerry's first tenure as manager, where he had a similarly poor run of results before things changed. So although I understand why there's a welter of posts considering all sorts of alternatives, I personally think we just need patience, while JFH sets about implementing the changes he wants. And it will take time, of that there is no doubt. So maybe we need to wait until the end of this season before we can even begin to see what kind of effect he might have. It's possible that he may even reverse the malaise; given that it's so deep, it's clearly going to take time as well as great perseverance and effort. You never know, JFH might still be the man to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Hope so Kev.

We need a clear out 100%. However before we speak about that in the summer I think its more than reasonable to say that JFH needs to prove himself with the games he has left to at least get us a mid table position minimum.

I just said on another thread that he was brough in for a play off push not to fininsh mid table let alone on course for a bottom 8 position. I'm not attacking the bloke for the sake of it but he needs to show sometihng in the next few weeks and games that he can move us forward. If he can do that and get us playing then he'll have my full support.

I dont enjoy thinking this bloke aint right for us one bit, but at present there not much to be positive about.
          That depends on how we fare in the transfer window, IMO.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Relegation would #### us for the next 5-10 years. #### that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Interesting OP, and certainly food for thought. The thinking is not dissimilar to the idea of 'phoenixing' a company when it's going bust. Get rid of the debt and the dead wood and start again. I think what the OP illustrates is that there seems to be a deep malaise within our club that no tinkering or short-term remedies seems capable of resolving, even down to changing the manager or appointing a new CEO or DOF.

However, I think that all this will change if (and of course it's a fairly big 'if') JFH begins to turn things around. The most salient post I saw in another thread about sacking JFH was the point about the start of Gerry's first tenure as manager, where he had a similarly poor run of results before things changed. So although I understand why there's a welter of posts considering all sorts of alternatives, I personally think we just need patience, while JFH sets about implementing the changes he wants. And it will take time, of that there is no doubt. So maybe we need to wait until the end of this season before we can even begin to see what kind of effect he might have. It's possible that he may even reverse the malaise; given that it's so deep, it's clearly going to take time as well as great perseverance and effort. You never know, JFH might still be the man to do that.
              Spot on... Great post

Comment

No. Why not rebuild at this level rather than re-build with players only good enough for a league lower than we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                  No. Why not rebuild at this level rather than re-build with players only good enough for a league lower than we are now.
                  Simple. As long as we are Championship club with a short-term ambition of reaching the play-offs, we will continue to bring in players on sizeable salaries. Not much point getting rid of huge swathes of the current squad if you are going to replace them with players of a similar financial burden. Whilst that remains the mentality of the Baord and DoF, there won't be a rebuilding process taking place in any real sense.

Comment

We should just turn up with a team on Hackney Marshes every Sunday. That will sort out the players who really want to play for the club and those are just in it for the money.

ps this is a terrible thread.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      Simple. As long as we are Championship club with a short-term ambition of reaching the play-offs, we will continue to bring in players on sizeable salaries. Not much point getting rid of huge swathes of the current squad if you are going to replace them with players of a similar financial burden. Whilst that remains the mentality of the Baord and DoF, there won't be a rebuilding process taking place in any real sense.
                      So are you advocating getting relegated, getting lesser players on less wages, somehow get promoted and hope the league 1 players can get us into the PL. If they can't don't buy better players on more money just get relegated and try again ?

Why can we not clear out the players we don't want or are on big money now and get others on less money, I don't see why we have to get relegate to pay players less than we currently do. I doubt Smithies is on the same as Green or anywhere near it.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                        So are you advocating getting relegated, getting lesser players on less wages, somehow get promoted and hope the league 1 players can get us into the PL. If they can't don't buy better players on more money just get relegated and try again ?

Why can we not clear out the players we don't want or are on big money now and get others on less money, I don't see why we have to get relegate to pay players less than we currently do. I doubt Smithies is on the same as Green or anywhere near it.
                        No, I'm advocating the club limiting their ambitions and stopping in their quest to throw money at a problem that will a) take a long time and b) not be solved with big transfer fees and contracts. We shouldn't even be thinking about a return to the PL for at least the next 3/4 years, whether we are in this division or the one below. The infrastructure at the club simply can't cope - until the mentality changes, we won't change, which will in all likelihood lead to relegation anyway (see Bolton.)

Comment

My point of being relegated is that it may lower expectations. They are far to high at the moment, which for me is the biggest problem.
                          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                            My point of being relegated is that it may lower expectations. They are far to high at the moment, which for me is the biggest problem.
                            I think relegation wouldn't lower expectations of fans at all. There would still be a sizeable majority that would expect, if not demand promotion whatever league we were in....

Comment

The fans are slated for having too lofty expectations but our DOF comes on TV saying promotion is our aim this season.

How do you expect the fanbase to take these sorts of comments?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                The fans are slated for having too lofty expectations but our DOF comes on TV saying promotion is our aim this season.

How do you expect the fanbase to take these sorts of comments?
                                I think for too long, those at the top of the club have been pandering to the fans and telling them what they think they want to hear....

Comment

Working...
                                X