Substitutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitutions

Our use of subs under Jimmy has been atrocious. We rarely put a player on to shore things up in the last 10/15 if we're winning, the subs are all very much reactive.

Throwing Chery and Petrasso on in the dying minutes immediately after conceding is embarrassing to be honest.

I'm rarely one of the miserable b**gers, but tonight it's really hard not to be disappointed.

Game management from ramsey was pretty poor too.

Comment

Both prize plums tbh.

Comment

Just poor management by a clueless manager again should have been breaking up play by using subs with 15 to 20 mins to go, we must be the only club that brings on subs when the horse has bolted, CR comes to mind bring on a sub with a minute to go when we are losing, just to waste time for the other team.

Comment

like bringing on perch at forest when he had the german on the bench

Comment

My thoughts exactly as mentioned on other threads.

If they are trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead, they will need fresh legs for the last 15 mins and perhaps to snatch a breakaway killer goal, but neither CR or JFH got or get this.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              My thoughts exactly as mentioned on other threads.

If they are trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead, they will need fresh legs for the last 15 mins and perhaps to snatch a breakaway killer goal, but neither CR or JFH got or get this.
              Or they want to keep it tight and not change things around, messing up the shape and balance of the team....

Comment

this subject does my nut in
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  this subject does my nut in
                  hello mate! everything qpr is doing my nut in right now. it's like we've got some perverted curse over us. do other teams fans feel like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                    hello mate! everything qpr is doing my nut in right now. it's like we've got some perverted curse over us. do other teams fans feel like this?
                    hiya Ed mate,, its all the same tatics as we had with ramsey. in my book someone else is pulling the strings, how comes we can never hold a lead surly common sence would tell you to make a change when we are vulnerable at the back
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

I can't remember the last time that subs made much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        Just poor management by a clueless manager again should have been breaking up play by using subs with 15 to 20 mins to go, we must be the only club that brings on subs when the horse has bolted, CR comes to mind bring on a sub with a minute to go when we are losing, just to waste time for the other team.
                        Remember that well. Against Spurs at home. Absolutely baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          I can't remember the last time that subs made much difference.
                          Fresh legs wouldn't go a miss
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            I do wonder! we definitely have some psychological problem with seeing out a game. You just knew it last night that one goal was never going to be enough. But the most disappointing thing was the manner in which we conceded..like the hull game..totally self inflicted

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                              Or they want to keep it tight and not change things around, messing up the shape and balance of the team....
                              Yes, because that worked so well in other games.

Comment

Working...
                              X