X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post

Nice try Nick mate.

As Brighton says, he doesnt like to talk about it
    DOH busted!!! .... pretty certain who the ex pro with superior knowledg is, but from me
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• I think there is a slight Rangers delusion that with the players we have we should be top 6.

First it needs a TEAM to be top 6.. since pre season and especially now the likes of Austin, Sandro, Phillips etc are all looking to their agents for a move... worrying about getting injured and arent giving their all. No matter what a manager says or does he cannot truly change a players mindset who doesnt want to change. Other players like Green are just treading water and collecting their wages.

We have players like Traore, Diakite moping around and im sure they arent conducive to a harmonous training ground.

Fitness levels for seasons have been very poor and that takes times to change.

I genuinely think that 8 games isnt enough to assess a manager properly - particularly working within the constraints that any QPR manager now has to.

Sure we are all sick and tired with what we have been served up in recent years but guess what? All our moaning, booing etc hasnt made the slightest difference. You would think the management and board want us to fail the way some go on but EVERYONE benefits from us doing well and im certain despite certain crass mistakes in the past everyone is working towards that end.

I suggest a new tack... give players beyond 45 mins, give the manager beyond 8 games and give the DOF until the end of the season and then if its still as dire as it has been I will join you in lambasting all and sundry.
      Last edited by Awin; 14-01-2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
        I think there is a slight Rangers delusion that with the players we have we should be top 6.

First it needs a TEAM to be top 6.. since pre season and especially now the likes of Austin, Sandro, Phillips etc are all looking to their agents for a move... worrying about getting injured and arent giving their all. No matter what a manager says or does he cannot truly change a players mindset who doesnt want to change. Other players like Green are just treading water and collecting their wages.

We have players like Traore, Diakite moping around and im sure they arent conducive to a harmonous training ground.

I genuinely think that 8 games isnt enough to asses a manager properly - particularly working within the constraints that any QPR manager now has to.

Sure we are all sick and tired with what we have been served up in recent years but guess what? All our moaning, booing etc hasnt made the slightest difference. You would think the management and board want us to fail the way some go on but EVERYONE benefits from us doing well and im certain despite certain crass mistakes in the past everyone is working towards that end.

I suggest a new tack... give players beyond 45 mins, give the manager beyond 8 games and give the DOF until the end of the season and then if its still as dire as it has been I will join you in lambasting all and sundry.
        Great post, Awin.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• So true about players 'wanting to play'!... Look when Huges was here and the team he had, full of players who 'didnt want to play'. Dont matter who you are, if a player dont want to play for the manager/team/club/fans etc he wont... just hope that mentality of player aint creeping back into the club, because even Sir Alex wouldnt of been able to get the best out of that poison Hueges side.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think there is a slight Rangers delusion that with the players we have we should be top 6.

I genuinely think that 8 games isnt enough to assess a manager properly - particularly working within the constraints that any QPR manager now has to.

Spot on

Comment

Love it. So true.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                See that's the bull **** that f's me off...

Lack of footballing, sensible knowledge because we do t ha e the same opinion as you.

I bet I played a higher standard of football you ever did, have mates that play at the top level and contacts that are respected football journalists of which many think warnock was the right bloke for the job and don't understand the jfh appointment. Many would argue because of their close connection to the game they would have a far better perspective than yours.

However it's just a opinion and not a lack of knowledge which is just a p*** taking comment that you believe your opinion is more valid than others!

Just come to terms that many people out there including our own fans, ex players, current players and in the media think Warnock was perfect for us as I'm sure there are plenty in the same category who think as you do but do not put it down to lack of knowledge.
                If your getting peed off at a forum Maids, then I'd contemplate seeing someone about anger issues haha.

Not the same opinion as me, just the logical opinion and overall opinion judging by the majority of people who have commented on here about it...

Good for you mate if you played at a high level and have friends in high places, pat yourself on the back.

It's a lack of knowledge if you think a 67 year old Warnock was the answer again, end of. No 67 year old manager is the answer to a club planning for the future that needs re-building.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 14-01-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I wish that Warnock had been given the job. However I accept that the club went with JFH. In order to get behind him, he needs to use his subs at 70 mins, there is no point rplayers running out of gas in the last 10 minutes, then letting in a goal and THEN him doing a substitution. It has happened more than once, he needs to recognise this and show that he can learn from his mistakes. If he keeps on doing this (basic) mistake on being reactive rather than proactive then the fans will continue to be split.

A serious question, if the club came out and said that they didn't give the job to Warnock because of his age is this illegal? I know it is in 'normal' life, but wondered whether sport would be different (you could claim as he is older that he wouldn't be able to keep up on the training pitch and oversee everything)

Comment

• Ain't you officially retired at 65? So shouldn't be working anyway, so can't see how it's illegal to say we ain't giving someone beyond the pension age a job south mate,

Comment

Working...
                    X