Wage Structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wage Structure

I'd imagine that most members of this forum have worked for a company or small firm before.
    In my experience most employees are paid around the same salary. Maybe some are on a bigger salary
    due to the years served at that company, but not mega amounts more than the others.
    I remember a few years back, myself and a close colleague found out that one colleague was on about four grand more than us. This was due to her original contract at a previous service but for the same company.
    I must admit this caused a bit of discontent.
    Probably the biggest reason for players under-performing is due to the difference in contracts and salaries.
    In footballers terms this can mean one player getting 20-30 grand or more than other's, at the big clubs even bigger differences.
    Here lies the problem imo, that along with favoritism in team selections from the manager. (or DOF, whoever is pulling the strings)

The managers used to tell the others that those on higher wages pull the strings so they earn your win bonuses but that cant be the case for us

But on a different line but similar vein it's exactly what Warnock told the squad in our promotion year put up with Adels ego and you will all benefit

Comment

Every single club will have the same circumstances, so its not something that is a specific issue at our club.

Comment

I doubt Messi or Ronaldo are on the same wages as everyone else at Barelona and Madrid.
        Those teams seems do be doing alright

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
          I doubt Messi or Ronaldo are on the same wages as everyone else at Barelona and Madrid.
          Those teams seems do be doing alright
          fair comments but with these calibre teams all the players are on superstar wages.
          saying that i would be happy to earn just a few grand a week, footballers are spoilt c-u-n-t-s.

Comment

Probably the biggest reason for players under-performing is due to the difference in contracts and salaries.
            - thats is what you said - goes also for our team - not everyone at Burton has the same wages

Comment

players are not playing for the love of football that is for sure, imagine being paid rakes of money for doing something you love.

Comment

Why do you think they are only underperforming at our club

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                  Why do you think they are only underperforming at our club
                  so you are saying out of 92 league clubs, we are the only team with under performing players.
                  i think not... however there is something very wrong with our club at the moment.

Comment

I'll tell you what's wrong helter-skelter leadership from the boardroom novice direction from the dof plss poor management {not including JFH ] yet , all in all a club where the blind lead the blind

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      I'll tell you what's wrong helter-skelter leadership from the boardroom novice direction from the dof plss poor management {not including JFH ] yet , all in all a club where the blind lead the blind
                      Yet another thread leads back to this.....Give it a rest

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                        Yet another thread leads back to this.....Give it a rest
                        My thread was supposed to be about greedy spoilt players. Maybe it's time for clubs to stand firm and not give in to agents and players demands and introduce a fairer wage structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                          My thread was supposed to be about greedy spoilt players. Maybe it's time for clubs to stand firm and not give in to agents and players demands and introduce a fairer wage structure.
                          If only Ed if only ! that takes us back to the day T F walked in

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            wont ever be led by the clubs as no1 is going to want to be the first. They wont be able to attract any players. Will only change once their is a wage cap. I think it will happen eventually, but the ca will be so high, it wont really effect things.

Comment

Every single club has a hugely varied wage structure. Players who don't play as consistently as others will be on lower wages, players who are more valuable to the club will be on higher wages. If anything, it creates incentives for good performances to boost your chances of getting those wages.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X