Poor finishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor finishing?

Seen a few posts on here criticizing the finishing throughout the squad (ex Charlie). From what i remember from games, we dont really create a whole lot. I cant remember too many times where iv left the ground thinking "how did he miss that".

Is it poor finishing, poor creativity?

i think when people say "we dont create anything", this tends to insinuate that we dont have the passing quality to pass through teams. Again, i dont think this is the problem, i cant remember thinking someone choose the wrong option for a pass, final ball was poor, cross was poor.

It seems to me that our attacking players dont seem capable of making intelligent runs and finding space within the last 3rd.

I think this is a coaching issue and with JFH being who he is, i would hope this is an area he can significantly improve.

That might all read like complete gibberish, but was just thinking when i came across someone knocking our finishing.

Luongo and Phillips would have trouble finishing a meal that alone scoring a goal, I think they have been the culprits in a few games there bottle completely went
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Good post Ramsey!!

I think its a mixture of both tbh. But lets not forget that JFH has made a choice not to play JET and CHery in most of his game since hes been in charge. Thats are 2nd and 3rd top goal scorer behind Charlie.

As for chance creation we need to look at our wide players and Fer who just dont do enough. Phillips is more than capable and he shows in glimpses what he can produce but just doesnt do it consistently during the match. HAving said that hes been played out of position a lot under JFH.

As for Hoilett hes useless. I 100% agree with most that he has improved and that his all round work ethic has much improved. However he creates sweet f all. He rarely gets past his man to deliver any sort of threatening ball for our strikers to attack or have a chance. Hes got no end product what so ever. Time to move on and bring in a couple of pacey wingers who can deliver ie someone like Buckley.

As for Fer well hes just taking the mick.

When you add it all together its not a good cocktail. We need to move on so many players again and bring in ones with heart and desire and obviously with a little bit of quality. We need everyone pulling together in the same direction.

Comment

It is partly down to a lack of attacking tactics, runs ability etc but the shooting has to be questioned.
        They often get will into double figures, but just 3 or 4 on target.
        Tske a look at the Fa cup higlights on the BBC site as an example. Sorry dont know how to attach links on my tablet.
        There eas some shocki g attempts at goal. Also how Forest scored from QPRs corner shows how diabolical that team was performing on the day.

Comment

Not sure mate Phillips miss at home was shocking and Polter had two chances to take a shot abd never got it off. can think of first few games in season where mass passed when he was through on goal instead of shooting and Fulham away he was one on one and missed the target

I don't think we shoot enough especially from outside the area

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Not sure mate Phillips miss at home was shocking and Polter had two chances to take a shot abd never got it off. can think of first few games in season where mass passed when he was through on goal instead of shooting and Fulham away he was one on one and missed the target

Its the players we have and their attitude imo. They dont work hard enough ir run to get themselves in dangerous positions. The first 11 under JFH just dont seem up for it what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Good post Ramsey!!

I think its a mixture of both tbh. But lets not forget that JFH has made a choice not to play JET and CHery in most of his game since hes been in charge. Thats are 2nd and 3rd top goal scorer behind Charlie.

As for chance creation we need to look at our wide players and Fer who just dont do enough. Phillips is more than capable and he shows in glimpses what he can produce but just doesnt do it consistently during the match. HAving said that hes been played out of position a lot under JFH.

As for Hoilett hes useless. I 100% agree with most that he has improved and that his all round work ethic has much improved. However he creates sweet f all. He rarely gets past his man to deliver any sort of threatening ball for our strikers to attack or have a chance. Hes got no end product what so ever. Time to move on and bring in a couple of pacey wingers who can deliver ie someone like Buckley.

As for Fer well hes just taking the mick.

When you add it all together its not a good cocktail. We need to move on so many players again and bring in ones with heart and desire and obviously with a little bit of quality. We need everyone pulling together in the same direction.
              Good post,, but we should have done that at the beginning off the new season, but now we are left with the tail between our legs
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                Luongo and Phillips would have trouble finishing a meal that alone scoring a goal, I think they have been the culprits in a few games there bottle completely went
                We know from last season that Phillips is a confidence player and CAN score goals.
                He needs to get back to the right wing and doing what he does best...wing play. He can then cut inside for a shot or attack a cross from the opposite wing.

Comment

I honestly think that if we created more chances then Polter would score more regularly, as he seems to be the sort who will miss as many as he scores BUT that is where we miss Charlie as we would have been 2 up v Hull with Charlie playing, as he would have taken the chances offered to Polter in the first half. We are simply not creating enough chances though at the moment with or without Charlie. (Apart from that 2nd half v Brighton)

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

I always think that we rarely shoot when we have a chance to, instead we seem to want to try and pass it into the net, which we are not good enough to do.

IMO we need more to take more pot-shots - enough teams do it against us !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      I honestly think that if we created more chances then Polter would score more regularly, as he seems to be the sort who will miss as many as he scores BUT that is where we miss Charlie as we would have been 2 up v Hull with Charlie playing, as he would have taken the chances offered to Polter in the first half. We are simply not creating enough chances though at the moment with or without Charlie. (Apart from that 2nd half v Brighton)
                      Agree with that. I put it down to formation and tactics.
                      The man in charge has to use formation and tactics to suit the players not the other way round.
                      polter can head the ball, so needs wingers to cross the ball into the box. Phillips on right the right wing and someone on the left in a 4 4 2.

We dont have quality like Sanchez. Walcott Ozil Giroud etc to plsy a 433

Comment

Midfield and particularly central midfield is our biggest weakness despite having about 25 midfielders. Some can run around quite well, others can't even do that. I don't think our midfielders influence the game enough in the right areas. We need a box to box midfielder to not only create chances but finish some off.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Midfield and particularly central midfield is our biggest weakness despite having about 25 midfielders. Some can run around quite well, others can't even do that. I don't think our midfielders influence the game enough in the right areas. We need a box to box midfielder to not only create chances but finish some off.
                          See I'd say wingers were more important.. We don't create enough in the box and need to see the wingers getting to the byline or cutting in and whipping dangerous balls.

Having said that a forward ball playing midfielder would be a great acquisition, someone like Lansbury who can pick that through ball for a forward playing on the last man. Having said that we don't exactly have the nippier of strikers at the club right now.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            See I'd say wingers were more important.. We don't create enough in the box and need to see the wingers getting to the byline or cutting in and whipping dangerous balls.

Having said that a forward ball playing midfielder would be a great acquisition, someone like Lansbury who can pick that through ball for a forward playing on the last man. Having said that we don't exactly have the nippier of strikers at the club right now.
                            Need players who can do both, like Phillips, who unfortunately just doesn't do it enough

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Need players who can do both, like Phillips, who unfortunately just doesn't do it enough
                              Your right about phillips but still his 2 or 3 bits of contribution per game are a lot more effective than hoiletts who doesn't create anything.
                              Two new wingers imo is a must. We can get by with a midfield due of Faurlin and luongo for now but we need people who can create and score both with some pace would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X