Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We know major toms a junkie

Comment

R.I.P David a huge part of my life a real legend and a real Icon very sad I was in tears this morning.

Sorry I'm just a very emotional bloke

Comment

He'll be sadly missed
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

One of the last real original "rockers" died this morning. Rip Major Tom.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Fantastic Bowie anecdote I just saw on Facebook:

"On set with Bowie. One part of my job is to keep the talent close while we make small changes to lighting and camera positions. While shooting the video for David Bowie's Miracle goodnight we had a change that was gonna take 10-15 mins to complete. I decided to strike up a conversation to kill the time. Let face i was talking to my childhood hero. I asked Mr Bowie what was the biggest moment in his career. His reply was EPIC. and It went like this
            David..... Well let me tell you about it. I had quit the attitude as a young pop star, its easy to get caught up in the hype. It changes you. So i was on the set of the music video Ashes to ashes, do you know the one.
            Me.........Yes i do. (thinking boy if only he knew)
            Bowie... So we're on the beach shooting this scene with a giant bulldozer. The camera was on a very long lens. (Camera is along way away, but the artist fills the frame) In this video i'm dressed from head to toe in a clown suit. Why not.I hear playback and the music starts. So off I go, I start singing and walking, but as soon as I do this old geezer with an old dog walk right between me and the camera.
            Me.........Laugh (seeing this video in my head and what that must of been like on the set)
            Bowie....Well knowing this is gonna take a while I walked past the old guy and sat next to camera in my full costume waiting for him to pass. As he is walking by camera the director said, excuse me Mr do you know who this is? The old guy looks at me from bottom to top and looks back to the director and said....
            Old Man....... Of course i do!!!! its some c unt in a clown suit
            Bowie.......... That was a huge moment for me, It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes i'm just a c unt in a clown suit. I think about that old guy all the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Fantastic Bowie anecdote I just saw on Facebook:

"On set with Bowie. One part of my job is to keep the talent close while we make small changes to lighting and camera positions. While shooting the video for David Bowie's Miracle goodnight we had a change that was gonna take 10-15 mins to complete. I decided to strike up a conversation to kill the time. Let face i was talking to my childhood hero. I asked Mr Bowie what was the biggest moment in his career. His reply was EPIC. and It went like this
              David..... Well let me tell you about it. I had quit the attitude as a young pop star, its easy to get caught up in the hype. It changes you. So i was on the set of the music video Ashes to ashes, do you know the one.
              Me.........Yes i do. (thinking boy if only he knew)
              Bowie... So we're on the beach shooting this scene with a giant bulldozer. The camera was on a very long lens. (Camera is along way away, but the artist fills the frame) In this video i'm dressed from head to toe in a clown suit. Why not.I hear playback and the music starts. So off I go, I start singing and walking, but as soon as I do this old geezer with an old dog walk right between me and the camera.
              Me.........Laugh (seeing this video in my head and what that must of been like on the set)
              Bowie....Well knowing this is gonna take a while I walked past the old guy and sat next to camera in my full costume waiting for him to pass. As he is walking by camera the director said, excuse me Mr do you know who this is? The old guy looks at me from bottom to top and looks back to the director and said....
              Old Man....... Of course i do!!!! its some c unt in a clown suit
              Bowie.......... That was a huge moment for me, It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes i'm just a c unt in a clown suit. I think about that old guy all the time."

Thanks for that H a marvellous account and I could just envisage Bowie in his clown suit waiting for the old geezer to walk past ...brilliant and what he took from it just sums up the complete legend he is.

Comment

Love his appearance on 'Extras' with Ricky Gervais too TBlock - I think this is also ####ing brilliant!

Comment

Genius, no other word for it...

Comment

Brilliant. Rick Wakeman is quite a character too. Used to be one of those little known facts that he played keyboards on Hunky Dory, now everyone knows! Fab vid Stan, thanks for that.

Comment

Cheers Hubs. Loved your anecdote too. Just shows how grounded he always was even at the height of his fame.

A bit more background to the making of Life on Mars:

A couple of interviews showing how ahead of the game he always was considering when they were recorded:

And the best live versions I've heard of these classics:

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        Love his appearance on 'Extras' with Ricky Gervais too TBlock - I think this is also ####ing brilliant!

Was the best extras, ever.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I just read about this. Condolence to the bereaved family of David Bowie. Such a great entertainment icon.

Comment

Originally posted by elias47 View Post
                            I just read about this. Condolence to the bereaved family of David Bowie. Such a great entertainment icon.
                            what ??? Bowie is dead ?
                            you just read this ?

News Flash
                            Queens Park Rangers ,have just installed a plastic pitch ( what next ,a cup final appearance ? )
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              what ??? Bowie is dead ?
                              you just read this ?

News Flash
                              Queens Park Rangers ,have just installed a plastic pitch ( what next ,a cup final appearance ? )
                              Allowing for the fact that he was only 24 years old, I was still surprised when a guy at work, hadn't even heard of David Bowie.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                                Allowing for the fact that he was only 24 years old, I was still surprised when a guy at work, hadn't even heard of David Bowie.
                                It's quite incredible to consider that a 24 year old has never heard of David Bowie. I suppose that in the last ten years he's only released one album prior to Black Star, but even so. That's musical impoverishment that is! Still, he now has the opportunity to explore a wonderful wealth of mind-blowing music he was previously unaware of...

Comment

Working...
                                X