Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
    Not sure how it can be any clearer:

In our promotion year we spent £16.1m on players and had a wage bill of £26.3m (183% of turnover), up from £16.9m the year before. So all aquired and spent by NW. He had the largest budget in the division that year.
    Where did we spend £16.1 on transfers with NW in our promotion season?

Date No. Pos. Name From Fee Source
    18 May 2010 12 FW Scotland Jamie Mackie Plymouth Argyle Undisclosed [4]
    21 May 2010 8 FW England Leon Clarke Sheffield Wednesday Free [5]
    7 June 2010 1 GK Republic of Ireland Paddy Kenny Sheffield United £750,000 [6]
    22 June 2010 4 MF England Shaun Derry Crystal Palace Free [7]
    1 July 2010 3 DF England Clint Hill Crystal Palace Free [8]
    30 July 2010 2 DF England Bradley Orr Bristol City Undisclosed [9]
    5 August 2010 7 MF Morocco Adel Taarabt Tottenham Hotspur Undisclosed [10]
    31 August 2010 20 FW England Rob Hulse Derby County Undisclosed [11]
    18 October 2010 18 MF England Gavin Mahon Unattached Free [12]
    1 November 2010 37 MF Cyprus Giorgos Tofas Cyprus Anorthosis Famagusta Free [13]
    1 January 2011 23 MF Norway Petter Vaagan Moen Norway Brann Free [14]
    3 January 2011 21 FW England Tommy Smith Portsmouth Undisclosed [15]
    21 January 2011 39 DF France Pascal Chimbonda Blackburn Rovers Free [16]
    27 January 2011 41 DF Nigeria Danny Shittu Millwall Free [17]
    14 March 2011 42 FW England Troy Hewitt Harrow Borough Undisclosed

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      Need to mention that Taarabt had a sell on fee.
      Well that worked......

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

1 November 2010 37 MF Cyprus Giorgos Tofas Cyprus Anorthosis Famagusta Free [13]
        We brought Clint and Shaun helicopters...... Great season and the one of the past six when we spent less.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

you're using copy-pasted press reports to argue against a legal document filed at companies house.

give up.

Comment

Apologies, I have double checked the number and miss read the figure, the £16.1m included some fees from prior years. The actual additions in the promotion season was £7.3m, still a healthy amount, with those additions increasing our wage costs by £11m. My guess as to how it adds up lies within the "Undisclosed".

Comment

Also to add, within finance documents player registration fees include the cost of both the transfer fee payable to the other club as well as the signing on fee payable to the player. Just because someone is declared as a free doesn't mean it doesn't cost the club any money.

Comment

These things always include some fees from previous years. When a team signs a player for a reported "£5 million" they don't simply wire over five million quid the following morning, it's spread over various payments

Anyway qpr4life needs to stop playing Championship Manager 99 and realise wages are far more important than transfer fees these days. 183% of our turnover is ridiculous. Only three other clubs even broke 100%. That's not much of a shoestring

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                  These things always include some fees from previous years. When a team signs a player for a reported "£5 million" they don't simply wire over five million quid the following morning, it's spread over various payments

Anyway qpr4life needs to stop playing Championship Manager 99 and realise wages are far more important than transfer fees these days. 183% of our turnover is ridiculous. Only three other clubs even broke 100%. That's not much of a shoestring
                  No need to resort to petty insults just because your losing the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post

Geng, Chill out it will all be ok.

The original comment made wasnt by me, however part of what was said confused me and I challenged the opinion. A few things on some of the points made above..

1. Yes you are right legal documents are / should be more reliable. HOWEVER, my point was not about wages or agent fees it was in actual fact around the actual fee made for players in the season we got promoted. e.g. The summer and January Window. So as said the list I gave is from Wikipedia and is copied and pasted but is a valid list which I cannot see where it would be different. We spent fook all that season on the actual fee, if the total was £7.5 then that is very very little. Players and clubs spent a lot more I should imagine, they do now anyway.

2. I still cannot also understand with the squad that NW brought in that played nearly everyone game, was earning more than 10K a week? Kenny, Orr, Walker (On loan and as youngster) Gorkks, Connolly, Hill, Faurlin, Derry, Mackie all earned peanuts in comparison to some players these days in that league. So again if you want to argue this point as well, which wasnt my original point AT ALL then I cannot see how NW spent that much to get the squad up.

3. To remind you I am purely looking at the 2 windows that lead to QPR getting promoted. NW first two transfer windows at the club in the Summer and Jan were very low spending. The players we brought in and used week in week out on paper looked poor and also seemed like we was cutting corners.

I am not sure why you got so uptight Geng, I dont get why you need to get personal. I actually quite liked Champ Man 99, I am pretty sure I took the R'sss all the way to Prem glory and signed Paul Ince on 90K week contract from Boro.

Comment

Fair enough, the CM dig was simply because so many people on here (and generally) still focus entirely on transfer fees and ignore wages! It's not transfer fees that put us £200m in debt – it's wages.

When you sign a player you're committing to paying his wages too:

Jose Bosingwa free agent on a three year contract at £60k per week = £9m

Seb Polter £1m transfer fee, three year contact at £10k per week = £2.5m

Our wage bill that season was just under £30m, the second highest in the league. I've no idea what % went on players Warnock inherited, in particular the likes of Ageymang and Buzsaky, compared to his new signings, but he definitely didn't do anything on a 'shoe-string budget'!

Norwich, who finished second that year, spent 14m on wages, less than half of our budget. Cardiff and Forest, also in the playoffs, a similar amount. Millwall spent 8.4m and still finished 8th.

My CM career actually peaked in 99/00 with Peterborough in the Premier League and an ageing Savo Milosevic up front, before I deleted the game by mistake...

Comment

Working...
                      X