Transfer mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
    Yes, they was... Ruislip is right, NW did a cracking job getting us up on a shoe string budget. FACT.
    Originally posted by Geng View Post
    This is pure bs. We had the second highest wage bill in the league that season, and the highest as a % of turnover. ie we overspent to aim for promotion.

Data is taken from official accounts:

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/201...sults-2010-11/
    Our wage expenses in the 2010-11 season were 183% of our annual turnover. Norwich, who also went up, had wage expenses of 61% of their annual turnover.

I must be using the wrong shoe strings...
    QPR since 1993
    WATRB since 2015
    First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

But we went up.. As Champions.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Yes, they was... Ruislip is right, NW did a cracking job getting us up on a shoe string budget. FACT.
        In the year prior to NW joining the club we made a profit of £2.3m on player sales and had a wage bill of £16.9m (118% of Turnover)

In our promotion year we spent £16.1m on players and had a wage bill of £26.3m (183% of turnover)

The following year our wage bill pretty much doubled to £51.3m and we spent a further £25m on transfers.

Thats some fukcing shoe string.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
          In the year prior to NW joining the club we made a profit of £2.3m on player sales and had a wage bill of £16.9m (118% of Turnover)

In our promotion year we spent £16.1m on players and had a wage bill of £26.3m (183% of turnover)

The following year our wage bill pretty much doubled to £51.3m and we spent a further £25m on transfers.

NW has incredible PR it seems.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Glad most people don't think we need a complete overhaul then. I think we largely agree on who should leave, on the basis of being pony and a drain on the club. But who do we think is good enough to stay. Apart from probably needing a new keeper, I think the following are all good enough for a place if properly coached (i've included players on loan because they're ours and they should be with us not on loan):

Centre-backs: Angella - Onuoha - Hill - Hall
            Full-backs: Perch - Furlong - Yun - Konchesky - Kpekawa - (Onuoha)
            Holding midfield: Diakite - Doughty (where's he gone?) - Faurlin - (Sandro)
            Attacking midfield: Hoilett - Gladwin - Philipps - Chery
            Striker: Polter - Thomas - Austin - (Mackie)

I think all the others I've seen are either not good enough yet or not anymore, or a drain on the club. On that basis, we need a keeper, a midfielder and a striker. Sounds about right no?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              NW has incredible PR it seems.
              He really does. I mean I have lots of time for NW – how can you not love the man who got us promoted just 18 months after the Paul Hart era – but that doesn't mean he isn't above totally bullstting much of the time.

Many of our fans will totally swallow anything he says without questioning whether it's true or even makes any logical sense.

Comment

lol @ you ignoring the actual facts literally one post earlier.

He did indeed do a cracking job, but not on a shoe-string. It only seems that way in hindsight, since TF rocked up and £5m players on £50k pw became the norm. Back in 2009 we were still getting worked up about the likes of Vine and Ageymang seeing out their contracts – we were one of the biggest spenders in the league even back then.

Comment

one of the probs with our team is the lack of leaders on the pitch , in my 20's i played in a team that went unbeaten in the league all season . if you were not pulling your weight u had 4 or 5 fellas on your back . who in the team now do see encouraging / geeingup his team mates for 90 minutes . somethings up when i see 5 year olds watching the game and they're not wearing gloves then half the players have got them on . we have to many players the likes of hoilett , phillips, fer that have great ball control and skill but spend most of the game not producing anything . if we go out and buy this month we want a no nonsense midfield general type as well as a striker and keeper

Comment

Embarrassing that we all thought this squad was more than good enough to win automatic promotion... and now we're crying out for new blood AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Embarrassing that we all thought this squad was more than good enough to win automatic promotion... and now we're crying out for new blood AGAIN
                      The squad is good enough, we started this season very well. It's all down to both our primary goalscorer and his backup (Mackie, have faith) getting injured and Ramsey not having a tactical plan B.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        This squad is good enough, without a doubt. With the right set up & gaffer from the off, there's no way anybody can say that a squad containing the fllowing players is not good enough for promotion:

Nedum
                        Hall
                        Faurlin
                        Sandro
                        Phillips
                        Luongo
                        Fer
                        Austin

That's the core of a VERY VERY good 2nd tier side.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post

Can somebody help me here please... I am clearly not getting something here haha. (Not that this was my comment originally but I felt like weighing in)

NW spent next to nothing the season he came in and then took us up?? No? I don't give a toot what he spent afterwards because I was only commenting on that one piece you disagreed with.

Flav and Bernie gave him Fook-all cash and his only real major deal was Adel for £1m which was a bargain for god sake! In a nut shell he did a ruddy good job.

He used players that we already had a brought in a #### load of freebies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                            lol @ you ignoring the actual facts literally one post earlier.

He did indeed do a cracking job, but not on a shoe-string. It only seems that way in hindsight, since TF rocked up and £5m players on £50k pw became the norm. Back in 2009 we were still getting worked up about the likes of Vine and Ageymang seeing out their contracts – we were one of the biggest spenders in the league even back then.
                            Did Warnock sign these?

Comment

Can somebody help me here please... I am clearly not getting something here haha. (Not that this was my comment originally but I felt like weighing in)

NW spent next to nothing the season he came in and then took us up?? No? I don't give a toot what he spent afterwards because I was only commenting on that one piece you disagreed with.

Flav and Bernie gave him Fook-all cash and his only real major deal was Adel for £1m which was a bargain for god sake! In a nut shell he did a ruddy good job.

He used players that we already had a brought in a #### load of freebies!!!
                              Mind conditioning at work here just to suit someone's perspective.

Let's state some facts here.

The bad guys (tango and cash along with amit) were one of the highest spenders in the league that season.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Did Warnock sign these?
                                No

Comment

Working...
                                X