Transfer mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer mayhem

I'm excited as everyone about getting new blood in and cutting off the dead wood during the January transfer window.

But getting all giddy about new faces every 6 months is not the solution. Don't get me wrong, I'm being self-critical because I'm all excited too. But doesn't this just leave us in a perpetual state of simultaneous excitement and disappointment.

Appreciate that we've got some real dross in there and we definitely need a new first team/back-up goalie and a replacement striker for Charlie. But some seem to be calling for wholesale changes when on an individual level we've got quality across the squad (including those out on loan). We need to try and work more with what we've got, don't we?

I do worry that our overexcitement in the transfer market is a damaging symptom of a modern 'get-stuff-on-demand society' in which hyperactive people expect their desires to be constantly satisfied but never properly fulfilled. You can't build a team like that!

Top post mate. Besides, January notoriously is thin on the ground where good transfer business is concerned.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I seem to recall Neil Warnock getting us on promoted on a shoe string budget, what happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
        I seem to recall Neil Warnock getting us on promoted on a shoe string budget, what happened to him?
        Shoe String? Taarabt, Mackie, Kenny, Smith were all cheap? Relative to the time and competition, we didn't exactly 'save money'. I do recall him also bringing in SWP, Anton, Barton, Traore on high wages.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Mayhem? Mayhem? Where?
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

We moved on. Well, some of us did.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Shoe String? Taarabt, Mackie, Kenny, Smith were all cheap? Relative to the time and competition, we didn't exactly 'save money'. I do recall him also bringing in SWP, Anton, Barton, Traore on high wages.

add to that hulse, routledge, miller (loans) connely etc etc.... oh, hang on. tango and cash never gave warnock any money to spend did they?
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                add to that hulse, routledge, miller (loans) connely etc etc.... oh, hang on. tango and cash never gave warnock any money to spend did they?
                Clint, Shaun, Mackie and Kenny. Who needs money when you know what you're doing, eh??

Comment

You put a twist on that and made a false point you know full well the history behind the signing of the last 4 you mentioned plus they had nothing to do with the promotion team,, plus he wasn't responcible for the wages paid to them, you need to look at Phill Beard for that
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 07-01-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuas35 View Post
                    I'm excited as everyone about getting new blood in and cutting off the dead wood during the January transfer window.

But getting all giddy about new faces every 6 months is not the solution. Don't get me wrong, I'm being self-critical because I'm all excited too. But doesn't this just leave us in a perpetual state of simultaneous excitement and disappointment.

Appreciate that we've got some real dross in there and we definitely need a new first team/back-up goalie and a replacement striker for Charlie. But some seem to be calling for wholesale changes when on an individual level we've got quality across the squad (including those out on loan). We need to try and work more with what we've got, don't we?

I do worry that our overexcitement in the transfer market is a damaging symptom of a modern 'get-stuff-on-demand society' in which hyperactive people expect their desires to be constantly satisfied but never properly fulfilled. You can't build a team like that!
                    are you suggesting that our highly paid coaches get there hands dirty and start coaching what talent we have
                    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

So Chery, Luongo, Gladwin, Polter, JET, Smithies, Blackwood are all failures after half a season

Comment

Jesus. Can we please have one single thread that isn't delayed by Warnock fanboys?

Comment

This is pure bs. We had the second highest wage bill in the league that season, and the highest as a % of turnover. ie we overspent to aim for promotion.

Data is taken from official accounts:

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/201...sults-2010-11/

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuas35 View Post

Really good post.

Seems the voices shouting most loudly about our underachievement due to our 'great squad' are the same voices demanding this or that new right-back, striker or manager.

One or two new players is always useful but the last thing this team needs is yet another total rehaul, especially in January.

Comment

Yes, they was... Ruislip is right, NW did a cracking job getting us up on a shoe string budget. FACT.

Comment

Working...
                              X