No announcement yet.

John Spencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was cool as f&ck, used to bowl around the pitch like he owned it.

I was at Reading away for his debut and he scored at our end to put us 1 up. Cue pandemonium in the away end. Typical Rangers we went and lost 2-1.

Pretty sure it was same day Frankie Dettori got all 7 winners at Ascot.

Comment

Yes ginge played up top. My memory was he was always a nuisance for the opposition defence

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Yes ginge played up top. My memory was he was always a nuisance for the opposition defence
        Ah fair enough. Always thought he was a good player.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
          Was cool as f&ck, used to bowl around the pitch like he owned it.

I was at Reading away for his debut and he scored at our end to put us 1 up. Cue pandemonium in the away end. Typical Rangers we went and lost 2-1.

Pretty sure it was same day Frankie Dettori got all 7 winners at Ascot.
          I was slaughtered that day and fell
          asleep standing up in that shitty away end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            I always thought he was an attacking mid? Was he a striker?
            So did I when he signed on loan, but within weeks realised he was definitely a striker, I felt he was going to score in every game he started 96/97, dunno what happened to him the following season though, short lived but my favourite striker between Ferdinand and Austin era's, sorry Kev and Furs.

Comment

I liked him but associate him and Sheron with the beginning of the bad times.

Comment

didn't he bring his son to an away game after he left us and was shocked at the stick he was getting?
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Always had a soft spot for Johnny Spencer, he was one of our better strikers in those days. Maybe the best. Remember a game where I was sitting right at the front of Ellerslie and John was loitering on the right wing, looking half-hearted. I shouted something encouraging at him like 'go on John, score us a goal mate, you can do it!' and he suddenly ran into the area, got on the end of a cross and scored. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    What were your thoughts on him. I always thought he was a decent striker for us until he got chopsey
                    I thought he was excellent, especially when playing alongside Dichio as opposed to Hateley and then Sheron.

Comment

My old man scored a hundred on the Mensa whoooo Johnny spencer
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        Always had a soft spot for Johnny Spencer, he was one of our better strikers in those days. Maybe the best. Remember a game where I was sitting right at the front of Ellerslie and John was loitering on the right wing, looking half-hearted. I shouted something encouraging at him like 'go on John, score us a goal mate, you can do it!' and he suddenly ran into the area, got on the end of a cross and scored. True story.
                        could you say the same to polter on saturday

Comment

Remember me and a mate having a chat with him while he was stuck in traffic outside the Raven. He was'nt short of confidence " I'm your man I will get you up" . But like a gorgeous Dutch bird I met on hols it mirrored a perfect passionate affair that went #### up when the honeymoon period was over...

Comment

Working...
                          X