• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    so do i and i have sat through way worse than this..way way worse
    Well I haven't known the club to be run worse

Comment

Honestly what hurts is actually knowing that we have talent in the team. The squads that have been assembled by those in charge have by no means been bad. On paper, these squads have been well above their positioning in the tables each season. The fact is, we are annoyed at performances on the pitch and it seems logical to suggest that the board that sanctioned the signings of some of these players should be at fault. At the end of the day, they've seen players who have the ability to push us on. The issue is that the players are not performing. For one phase, it was because of the fact that they felt they were too big for us. While some are still like this, the board targeted players who wouldn't be 'above' the club (Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Polter, Jet. Even last season with Caulker, Mutch, Fer etc). All of these lot wanted to be here, were not above us and were the 'right sort' of signing. What happened then was a bit shocking to me, with some fans labelling these players as being below us (Luongo and Gladwin in particular being called League One players etc and being abused before they even played on those basis). Now, some of these didn't work out, but we can't really put that down to the board, the scouting for these guys was there and it is obvious to see, it just didn't work out.

In truth, the board are aware of their mistakes and are at least not making the same ones over and over. When we realised we were over paying on wages, we stopped. Very simple, as good as Barton might have been this season, we didn't renew because obviously he wanted more than we were willing to pay. Rio last season was on very little for a player of his stature. Matty and Charlie are on very respectable wages. I'm sure, even if hoilett proves to be fantastic for the remainder of this season, he will only sign a new contract if the terms are lower than his current wages.

What people are starting to look for is different reasons to be angry at the board. Things like the Austin saga over the summer that some place the blame on the board, but ultimately, I see nothing wrong with it, especially at the time, when promotion was quite likely (it still is, but at that point, it was ours to lose). Things like the CR hiring, remember what happened when we went with experience in the form of Hughes, Redknapp. It didn't work out, so they went the other direction. That didn't work unfortunately, so they went with young, hungry, eager to succeed and with some experience and success in that experience. Its about trial and error, its what makes the best clubs the best.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the board have made mistakes and we all acknowledge that, but they have been let down by those on the pitch and on the sidelines. For some reason, some people see these flaws as things to blame on the board - perhaps because TF is vocal and on twitter. What we should be doing is looking to work on improving the players we have, trusting those with talent to just play freely and hope it works with them. The talent is there, the emotions aren't, partly because of random uncontrollable reasons but certainly not helped by the atmosphere we produce at the stadium. Its poisonous and I get that it comes about from constant frustration, but we are bringing the baggage from previous sets of players onto the new players and they are never in a comfortable environment playing in front of us as a result. Give them support and we have done our bit. Then the onus is totally on them, no excuses. Until that happens though, there is always the potential, without the raw results on the pitch.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Honestly what hurts is actually knowing that we have talent in the team. The squads that have been assembled by those in charge have by no means been bad. On paper, these squads have been well above their positioning in the tables each season. The fact is, we are annoyed at performances on the pitch and it seems logical to suggest that the board that sanctioned the signings of some of these players should be at fault. At the end of the day, they've seen players who have the ability to push us on. The issue is that the players are not performing. For one phase, it was because of the fact that they felt they were too big for us. While some are still like this, the board targeted players who wouldn't be 'above' the club (Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Polter, Jet. Even last season with Caulker, Mutch, Fer etc). All of these lot wanted to be here, were not above us and were the 'right sort' of signing. What happened then was a bit shocking to me, with some fans labelling these players as being below us (Luongo and Gladwin in particular being called League One players etc and being abused before they even played on those basis). Now, some of these didn't work out, but we can't really put that down to the board, the scouting for these guys was there and it is obvious to see, it just didn't work out.

In truth, the board are aware of their mistakes and are at least not making the same ones over and over. When we realised we were over paying on wages, we stopped. Very simple, as good as Barton might have been this season, we didn't renew because obviously he wanted more than we were willing to pay. Rio last season was on very little for a player of his stature. Matty and Charlie are on very respectable wages. I'm sure, even if hoilett proves to be fantastic for the remainder of this season, he will only sign a new contract if the terms are lower than his current wages.

What people are starting to look for is different reasons to be angry at the board. Things like the Austin saga over the summer that some place the blame on the board, but ultimately, I see nothing wrong with it, especially at the time, when promotion was quite likely (it still is, but at that point, it was ours to lose). Things like the CR hiring, remember what happened when we went with experience in the form of Hughes, Redknapp. It didn't work out, so they went the other direction. That didn't work unfortunately, so they went with young, hungry, eager to succeed and with some experience and success in that experience. Its about trial and error, its what makes the best clubs the best.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the board have made mistakes and we all acknowledge that, but they have been let down by those on the pitch and on the sidelines. For some reason, some people see these flaws as things to blame on the board - perhaps because TF is vocal and on twitter. What we should be doing is looking to work on improving the players we have, trusting those with talent to just play freely and hope it works with them. The talent is there, the emotions aren't, partly because of random uncontrollable reasons but certainly not helped by the atmosphere we produce at the stadium. Its poisonous and I get that it comes about from constant frustration, but we are bringing the baggage from previous sets of players onto the new players and they are never in a comfortable environment playing in front of us as a result. Give them support and we have done our bit. Then the onus is totally on them, no excuses. Until that happens though, there is always the potential, without the raw results on the pitch.

Very good post ,,,,,,

Comment

nice one Bill, this type of thread is exactly what this forum needs

i was unaware some people wernt happy with the board/TF/LF

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Well I haven't known the club to be run worse
            What about when we didnt have a pot to pi$$ in and players wernt paid. on the brink of administration.

We are spoilt compared to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              What about when we didnt have a pot to pi$$ in and players wernt paid. on the brink of administration.

or mergers with Wimbledon or reading...or the Ray Harford years watching Neil Ruddock vinnie Jones and Ian Dowie?

Chris Wright trying to turn us into a Rugby ground...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be..but every era has had its critics this one is no different and nor will be the next one

Comment

nice one Bill, this type of thread is exactly what this forum needs

i was unaware some people wernt happy with the board/TF/LF
                Go on, post something positive then, maybe you got free tickets once and sat in Uncle's lap?
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I still don't understand peoples hostility to those running the club and what exactly they have done wrong apart from showing ambition but it didn't work out as everyone wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Go on, post something positive then, maybe you got free tickets once and sat in Uncle's lap?
                    No i got my own season ticket. See i actually go to support my club. Very different from sitting on the internet all day long in some sh!thole county sl@gging a club you dont go to see.

Comment

... in some sh!thole count...
                      Back to your usual racist self, I see. Didn't take you long.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Back to your usual racist self, I see. Didn't take you long.
                        been to estonia a few times and not racist, just a fact, it is a sh!thole

Comment

Yes but that didn't occur because of 4 years of mayhem , bad discisions overspending
                          that stemmed from Chris Wrights wife catching him with his trousers down and taking him to the cleaners This club has constantly been run plss poorly from the day Frenandes arrived

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Yes but that didn't occur because of 4 years of mayhem , bad discisions overspending
                            that stemmed from Chris Wrights wife catching him with his trousers down and taking him to the cleaners This club has constantly been run plss poorly from the day Frenandes arrived
                            It has been run badly for many many years before that, its just easier to blame it on someone who's still here.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              It has been run badly for many many years before that, its just easier to blame it on someone who's still here.
                              Oh yes but in those days the club never had the money an the launch pad of 2 promotions to take it forward

Comment

Most football clubs are run badly.. It's part of football and its history. It's not easy. As fans we just have to get on with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X