Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got a big/not very good/bleeping German?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not been impressed by Seb thus far but he hasn't been helped by the club. Hardly played even when Charlie is injured and acclimatising to a new country/division, I wouldnt write him off just yet. But have had a few laughs/groans at his half time shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
      I've only seen glimpses of him.

Won't write him off yet but he's no Charlie Austin.
      No he isn't totally different type of player put someone up along side him and.

Playing up front on your own is never easy.

Playing one up top especially at home crazy IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Goal aside, you reckon he's a good player?
        Well yes he started the move for his header and generally puts himself about,yes he is not pretty but he is about
        the best option we have at the moment and given time and some encouragement he can only get better.

When all is said and done nobody is ever going to replace Charlie with ease add to that playing as a lone
        striker even harder,he is a target man and needs someone alongside him especially at home......horses for courses

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Hear you Marty but I have seen balls bounce off all our players with great regularity he's not alone
          Yes that's for sure crikey I'm turning into HR NO NO NO

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuas35 View Post
            What are your views on Sebastian Polter?

There was quite a bit of negativity about him in the stands against Hull. Maybe I'm biased because of my German heritage but I quite like him. He scored a good goal and that is what strikers are meant to do.

I think we can all agree that he's not Charlie Austin and basically he's not that good. But I think he tries hard (maybe too much: what's all that hanging around the keeper business when we're chasing the game?) and obviously he could improve if he works on his control, shooting and hold up play.

In a post-Austin future, does no one think that he might be able to play up front regularly and be effective?
            So far not impressed one little bit, was excited when he signed as a big German I thought he'd be the dogs dangly bits. Can't see him being a future W12 leg end
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
              So far not impressed one little bit, was excited when he signed as a big German I thought he'd be the dogs dangly bits. Can't see him being a future W12 leg end
              Helguson not a legend but came good younger and hopefully hungrier.

Comment

You must give time to any new player, especially a foreign one. Ok, he may not be the finished article, long way to that, but given the chance and encouragement, he can be good for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Helguson not a legend but came good younger and hopefully hungrier.
                  Furlong

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Furlong
                    Good point

Comment

If he was a goalkeeper we'd be praying for Green to stay.

Comment

He is rubbish and no amount of training, coaching or match time will change that. Not good enough for the level we aspiring to be at and certainly not worth anything like the money we spent on him, even in today's inflated market.

That said, he's awkward and defenders don't really know what to do with him at set pieces. He also gives a sh*t which is something that the rest of our prima-donna squad could do with taking note of!

Comment

I saw the Ipswich match and the Hull match twice, I really think he worked hard and did contribute towards the goals, I don't think he's great but not near as bad as some on here think, that's judging from the matches I have seen!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

He's not a lone striker . Would like to see him paired up with Chaz when he's back/if he stays . Polt is #### BUT he has scored 2 in 2 one being a sublime header and he does cause grief for defenders which would open up chances for a better striker . It might work

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                              He's not a lone striker . Would like to see him paired up with Chaz when he's back/if he stays . Polt is #### BUT he has scored 2 in 2 one being a sublime header and he does cause grief for defenders which would open up chances for a better striker . It might work
                              This.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agreed, Polti definately needs to be upfront with another striker.

Comment

Working...
                                X