Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got a big/not very good/bleeping German?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got a big/not very good/bleeping German?

What are your views on Sebastian Polter?

There was quite a bit of negativity about him in the stands against Hull. Maybe I'm biased because of my German heritage but I quite like him. He scored a good goal and that is what strikers are meant to do.

I think we can all agree that he's not Charlie Austin and basically he's not that good. But I think he tries hard (maybe too much: what's all that hanging around the keeper business when we're chasing the game?) and obviously he could improve if he works on his control, shooting and hold up play.

In a post-Austin future, does no one think that he might be able to play up front regularly and be effective?

He is dog poo.

Scored a good header, but was woeful all game. Couldn't trap a bag of cement.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuas35 View Post
      What are your views on Sebastian Polter?

There was quite a bit of negativity about him in the stands against Hull. Maybe I'm biased because of my German heritage but I quite like him. He scored a good goal and that is what strikers are meant to do.
      I think we can all agree that he's not Charlie Austin and basically he's not that good. But I think he tries hard (maybe too much: what's all that hanging around the keeper business when we're chasing the game?) and obviously he could improve if he works on his control, shooting and hold up play.

In a post-Austin future, does no one think that he might be able to play up front regularly and be effective?
      and did you also by chance happen to completely close your eyes when he missed those opportunities early on in the game, when he was essentially 1-1 with the keeper on the right side of goal and had troll-like oafish swings at the ball, only to not strike it well at all?
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
        and did you also by chance happen to completely close your eyes when he missed those opportunities early on in the game, when he was essentially 1-1 with the keeper on the right side of goal and had troll-like oafish swings at the ball, only to not strike it well at all?
        Matt Phillips didn't do any better did he,ffs give Polter a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          He is dog poo.

Scored a good header, but was woeful all game. Couldn't trap a bag of cement.
          exactly. more often then not, when he was 1-1 with a defender for an aerial duel, he pulls out before even having the opportunity to jump and try to win the ball.
          fella just pulled out and hoped to the rebound (or miss) would bounce his way.
          not how a "BFG" should be
          Rangers Til I Die

Comment

I think he's very very average, i think he would struggle to get in any team in this league. League 1 battering ram. Cant knock his effort though, he gives everything he's got. Cost us 1 million quid, crazy really.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Matt Phillips didn't do any better did he,ffs give Polter a chance.
              Philips isn't a striker though (regardless of what multiple past and current managers try with him in the lineup).

I still think even grego-cox would be a smarter play in the striker spot than BFG
              Rangers Til I Die

Comment

exactly. more often then not, when he was 1-1 with a defender for an aerial duel, he pulls out before even having the opportunity to jump and try to win the ball.
                fella just pulled out and hoped to the rebound (or miss) would bounce his way.
                not how a "BFG" should be
                And Phillips is about the same size and gets knocked off the ball so easily ####ing fairy.

Comment

I think he's ok.

Nothing special and would say hes a good league 1 bottom half championship player from what I have seen so far.

His ball control is shocking but he does pop up with goals so we cant complain atm.

However I hope we have plans in place to replace charlie whether thats now or in the summer with 2 decent championship quality strikers.

Comment

Philips isn't a striker though (regardless of what multiple past and current managers try with him in the lineup).

I still think even grego-cox would be a smarter play in the striker spot than BFG
                    Phillips isnt a striker so what the #### is he doing playing up front,ball comes to him what 10 yards out only
                    keeper to beat and guess what he puts it straight at him,my nan could of scored that.

Comment

I wouldn't care if he's from Outer Mongolia if he was half decent..... But he looks gash. Proper gash.

He's scored 2 recently - and should have had 10.

Maybe it's a confidence and familiarity thing (a bit like HH)..... but I think the guy is turd.

Sorry.

*I would absolutely be over the moon to be proven wrong

Comment

Great first post I must say.
                        The thread title contravened pretty much all of the site's rules so it has been edited to something more acceptable.
                        Welcome to the site S35, but please stick within the boundaries, and I'm sure you will get along just fine
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Think we are being to harsh on him. I think there is potential there if given time

Comments of he can't trap a ball well I've seen him kill the ball and quickly turn and attack in fact his goal against Hull if people look back started with him killing ball in our half turning driving forward giving ball then getting in the box and finishing the move off he started

He won't run past people he won't beat defender with skill but if we start putting balls in the box he will be a handful. The patience we have shown Gutless who has let us down time and time again but a kid from a foreign country is cut adrift almost immediately it's not fair

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Think we are being to harsh on him. I think there is potential there if given time

Comments of he can't trap a ball well I've seen him kill the ball and quickly turn and attack in fact his goal against Hull if people look back started with him killing ball in our half turning driving forward giving ball then getting in the box and finishing the move off he started

He won't run past people he won't beat defender with skill but if we start putting balls in the box he will be a handful. The patience we have shown Gutless who has let us down time and time again but a kid from a foreign country is cut adrift almost immediately it's not fair
                            Exactly some on here just to impatient and cant see the bigger picture

Comment

Not seen him have a half decent game for us but a great goal against Hull, you need more than that though . At Ipswich the QPR crowd started off getting frustrated with him and then towards the end everyone was just laughing at him he was that bad. Might get better but don't see any promise at the moment, one problem for him is he is replacing Charlie and that isn't easy for anyone. Might be better if played upfront with Mackie in a 4-4-2 rather than on his own

Comment

Working...
                              X