The goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The goals

What happened to the goals we were scoring on the first few weeks of the season? This was done under CR and playing the likes of Luongo, Cherry, Jet on a regular basis. We must get rid of the 'established stars' that are playing and bring back some players from their loans. Smithies in goal for Green. Harriman at rb. Yun (what happened with him?) on the left. I will play this formation in the coming future:

Smithies

Harriman, Onohua, Hall, Yun.

Luongo, Faurlin,

Phillips, Cherry, Hoilett,

Polter.

Subs: Lumley, Diakite, Doughty, Gladwin, Petrasso, JET, Perch, Furlong, Mackie.

Get rid of Green, Fer, Sandro, Austin (would like to keep him though).

We were scoring 2-3 a game but conceding the same. Made for more excitement than the current tripe we're having to endure. No striker or one striker up front at home is way over cautious and that's the result of it. Very few goals. Unless you've got the quality of Austin who also isn't that suited to the system I'd completely lodge it.

Comment

CR In?
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        What happened to the goals we were scoring on the first few weeks of the season? This was done under CR and playing the likes of Luongo, Cherry, Jet on a regular basis. We must get rid of the 'established stars' that are playing and bring back some players from their loans. Smithies in goal for Green. Harriman at rb. Yun (what happened with him?) on the left. I will play this formation in the coming future:

Smithies

Harriman, Onohua, Hall, Yun.

Luongo, Faurlin,

Phillips, Cherry, Hoilett,

Polter.

Subs: Lumley, Diakite, Doughty, Gladwin, Petrasso, JET, Perch, Furlong, Mackie.

Get rid of Green, Fer, Sandro, Austin (would like to keep him though).
        It would be nice to see that team in the cup this Saturday
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          It would be nice to see that team in the cup this Saturday
          Bar polter
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
            Bar polter
            Fair point mate, jet in for polter
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Bar polter
              We need to play him. Get him cup tied in an attempt to put off potential suitors who will no doubt try and buy him this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                We need to play him. Get him cup tied in an attempt to put off potential suitors who will no doubt try and buy him this month.
                They won't buy him if we put a 30m price tag on him
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Bar polter
                  He needs more game time....get him in.

Comment

Polter is no Aguero. But if he was, he would not be playing for us. Give him time and I am sure he will be ok for the Championship. Is it not about buying unknown players and try to develop them in good footballers the aim when we got relegated? I remember LF himself struggled in his first two or three seasons and even went on loan in Turkey for a season. What happened afterwards is history. We must show patience. And we must forget about promotion.....there's a lot of work to be done before even contemplate a push. Give him a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      Polter is no Aguero. But if he was, he would not be playing for us. Give him time and I am sure he will be ok for the Championship. Is it not about buying unknown players and try to develop them in good footballers the aim when we got relegated? I remember LF himself struggled in his first two or three seasons and even went on loan in Turkey for a season. What happened afterwards is history. We must show patience. And we must forget about promotion.....there's a lot of work to be done before even contemplate a push. Give him a chance.
                      I agree… Aguero isn't as good in the air as The Polt.

Comment

Working...
                      X