JFH: Not about "win, win, win"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH: Not about "win, win, win"

JFH comments in article below missing the point. Says it's not about just winning games -- we agree. That it's about getting "the process" right. We agree. But when you start squads without a striker, when you play over-the-hill players like Henry and Green who will have little to do with our future, when you can't see that Fer has lost it and Chery has got it, that's not about getting our act together but proving we've learned nothing to improve our fortunes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ee-points.html

Yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Not long ago people were slating Chery on here, calling him crap. And Ned was a donkey. And the great Leroy Fer wasn't getting games. And Green was England's no. 1. People have short memories, when it suits them. If you agree with what JFH says, then give the man a chance. There are rarely any quick-fix solutions in football and more often than not, short-term judgements are wrong.

Comment

What a prize idiot. Take the goal posts down shall we and call it kids footy. Maybe les can have a word with the league and see if we can hide the league table stats, we can change our name to Aaa to make sure we stay top

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        There are rarely any quick-fix solutions in football
        ... and yet NW managed it with something to spare.

I thought JFH's appointment a ludicrous punt and said so at the time. The field was open to him because no self respecting gaffer with form at this level would work under Les. It really isn't rocket science.

Comment

jfh

ive always defended tony saying hes full of love but he must sack ferdinand jfh and cris ramsey quickly to cut out this virus before we sink any more in the league i think sandro could be a better as a player-manager
          at least we would have passion otherwise we are losing him to sunderland
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

He knows what he's doing.......

"Of course it's frustrating, but (getting the first win) is not the focus. If you are going to focus on win, win, win, you are not going to get the game right, and you have to get the game right to win. Today we got it right."

Full text: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35154812

I'm worried.

Comment

Yep plus the fact he thinks we have been playing well is even scarier.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Yep plus the fact he thinks we have been playing well is even scarier.
                Also says Rob Green is a top goalie
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

so we got the game right according to jfh? god help us.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Jfh is used to watching burton Albion play so he probably thinks we are playing well , keep jimmy and our season will be gone for a burton
                    R's

Comment

Would he of said that if we won
                      R's

Comment

To be honest, some of the stuff he says off the pitch worries me as much as the dire performances on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          ... and yet NW managed it with something to spare.

I thought JFH's appointment a ludicrous punt and said so at the time. The field was open to him because no self respecting gaffer with form at this level would work under Les. It really isn't rocket science.
                          Seems the short memories cant remember what Warnock was achieving in November early Dec. He won 2 out of 4 games and the only loss was at Middlesboro to a 93rd minute penalty ...and he wasnt at that match for personal reasons.
                          Bring back Warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                            "Of course it's frustrating, but (getting the first win) is not the focus. If you are going to focus on win, win, win, you are not going to get the game right, and you have to get the game right to win. Today we got it right."

I'm worried.
                            Absolutely right.
                            Football is about being boring, not creating chances, failing to get shots on target and conceding late goals due to slack defending.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

I'm worried.
                              Nope, Just one will do.

If he actually thinks we got the game right then he must be completely delusional or is just plain lying. We scored with our only shot on target I think, and put them under no pressure whatsoever throughout.

I desperately want him to succeed but the signs aren't looking good.

I mean what happened to the pressing game we were supposed to be carrying out. Half the time it looked like the players couldn't be bothered to carry it out. It was a very lazy disinterested performance.

At least JFH can be honest and say it wasn't good enough, but by saying they got the game right he is taking the p155 out of us fans that were forced to sit through that pile of poo.

Comment

Working...
                              X