Bristol City on last day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Would love us to go on run but we have shown no real signs all season of having the heart or desire to do it
    I mean, Derby didn't really show any either at the beginning and look at them now.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

When we went up a couple of seasons back we won just SEVEN of last 19 league games. That's a pretty poor run in my view but probably still miles beyond what this current shower of disinterested strangers could attain. Given Posh went down with 54 points I'd suggest we need to at least match the run-in we had on our march to play-offs to be sure of safety - suggesting 5/6 wins or 16 points is not enough.
      For the blinkered, deranged or deluded still eyeing up play-offs.... Wolves got 78 points, finished 7th and missed out so we'd need another 50 games to rack up that sort of total.
      If you offered me mid-table on 56 points after a run of momentum/consistency over last 12 games with the bones of a settled XI developing for next season I'd bite your hand off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        When we went up a couple of seasons back we won just SEVEN of last 19 league games. That's a pretty poor run in my view but probably still miles beyond what this current shower of disinterested strangers could attain. Given Posh went down with 54 points I'd suggest we need to at least match the run-in we had on our march to play-offs to be sure of safety - suggesting 5/6 wins or 16 points is not enough.
        For the blinkered, deranged or deluded still eyeing up play-offs.... Wolves got 78 points, finished 7th and missed out so we'd need another 50 games to rack up that sort of total.
        If you offered me mid-table on 56 points after a run of momentum/consistency over last 12 games with the bones of a settled XI developing for next season I'd bite your hand off.
        Yes unless we improve bigtime I think it could be close and we do like a bit of last day drama

Comment

Working...
        X