Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This disastrous run continues then I can see JFH being sacked and NW coming back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    NW got the same squad playing as a team, an organised unit. Since then, m'lud, we have the evidence of our own eyes. And it hasn't been pretty.
    Really? We were unconvincing under Warnock as well IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      a bang average mid-table side.
      Which is a lot preferable to where we're headed right now.

Wouldn't mind if there was some evidence of tactical nous from the bench and cohesion and effort from the shirt.

I see no evidence of either. M'lud.

Comment

Which is a lot preferable to where we're headed right now.

Wouldn't mind if there was some evidence of tactical nous from the bench and cohesion and effort from the shirt.

I see no evidence of either. M'lud.
        So what exactly do you suggest? We bin the bloke off after 6 weeks? Give me strength.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          So what exactly do you suggest? We bin the bloke off after 6 weeks? Give me strength.
          So you asked for a personal opinion. I think the appointment of Les was a predictable spanner in the works when it came to appointing a new gaffer post Ramsey, for reasons extensively given elsewhere. I would give JFH twelve games, anymore than that and we could be at risk if he can't turn it round. If he can't, he has to go and Les with him. Unless you would prefer to hang on in there with the risk of the drop? For that reason, right now I would be looking at who was actually available if the worst came to the worst.

When Harry was melting down here, Bilic was available and running down the remains of his contract, and actually wanted to come back to London. WHU and Big Sam hadn't yet come to blows, plus of course TF has WHU connections. I just make the point that under TF quality, obtainable gaffers have been on the market and yet somehow we end up blowing it - I'm convinced but can not prove NW was told he was surplus before he went public. I would have begged him to stay, pretty much said that on here. But no, a new messiah was waiting in the wings.

So if we're sinking this time round after JFH x 12 games, I wouldn't hang about. People on here need to remember that the club sacked Ramsey because plan A had been binned, and promotion was flavour of the month. Ramsey was deemed surplus. Clearly that isn't going to happen now either, so following the club's own logic if JFH is no more succesful than Ramsey.........

Comment

So you asked for a personal opinion. I think the appointment of Les was a predictable spanner in the works when it came to appointing a new gaffer post Ramsey, for reasons extensively given elsewhere. I would give JFH twelve games, anymore than that and we could be at risk if he can't turn it round. If he can't, he has to go and Les with him. Unless you would prefer to hang on in there with the risk of the drop? For that reason, right now I would be looking at who was actually available if the worst came to the worst.

When Harry was melting down here, Bilic was available and running down the remains of his contract, and actually wanted to come back to London. WHU and Big Sam hadn't yet come to blows, plus of course TF has WHU connections. I just make the point that under TF quality, obtainable gaffers have been on the market and yet somehow we end up blowing it - I'm convinced but can not prove NW was told he was surplus before he went public. I would have begged him to stay, pretty much said that on here. But no, a new messiah was waiting in the wings.

So if we're sinking this time round after JFH x 12 games, I wouldn't hang about. People on here need to remember that the club sacked Ramsey because plan A had been binned, and promotion was flavour of the month. Ramsey was deemed surplus. Clearly that isn't going to happen now either, so following the club's own logic if JFH is no more succesful than Ramsey.........
            very good post

Comment

Problem with this debate is the elephant in the room that NW didn't want the job on a permanent basis but simply wanted an advisory role. This outcry for NW to return is coming close to one direction fans hysterical protests that that Malik geezer left and it's the end of the world.
              No one knows whether if the Board put pressure on NW he would have stayed but if personal issues are the reason NW doesn't want a permanent role in football (which must have legs as another league club would have signed him up if he was available) then I commend the board for not putting pressure on NW. The relationship after his unfortunate dismissal first time round must be mended between NW and the board for him to come back so things must be amicable.
              I think we must forget about NW and move on.
              Today I read a great article in the Mail about Gerry Francis and how him and Pullis are a great pairing and how they follow each other around, Stoke, palace and West Brom and how Francis helps individual players. What was most telling in the article was Francis was approached by us for help but he had promised Pullis he would go with him to west Brom.
              Clearly the board are trying everything but fans have to accept QPRs limitations, why would Bilic come to us :
              We had proven premiership managers and we remained rubbish, let's give JFH a chance. As to Sir Les the club was in turmoil along time before he arrived, clearly the club wanted to put someone in place that had loftus rd blood running through them as one of our main problems was players not caring and tacking the proverbials, Francis would have been a good option but he didn't want to come. Sir Les is probably trying to change a culture that is inherently wrong at our club amongst our players but all those who turn up week in week out for the last 5 years worked out we have loads of jokers on the pitch and we need a root and branch change.
              As to why players played ok under NW but not now, could be similar to why Chelsea look ok now but not under Jose, a question for the players rather than DOF.
              Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 03-01-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=TBLOCKRANGER;1500626]Problem with this debate is the elephant in the room that NW didn't want the job on a permanent basis but simply wanted an advisory role. This outcry for NW to return is coming close to one direction fans hysterical protests that that Malik geezer left and it's the end of the world.
                No one knows whether if the Board put pressure on NW he would have stayed but if personal issues are the reason NW doesn't want a permanent role in football (which must have legs as another league club would have signed him up if he was available) then I commend the board for not putting pressure on NW. The relationship after his unfortunate dismissal first time round must be mended between NW and the board for him to come back so things must be amicable.
                I think we must forget about NW and move on.
                Today I read a great article in the Mail about Gerry Francis and how him and Pullis are a great pairing and how they follow each other around, Stoke, palace and West Brom and how Francis helps individual players. What was most telling in the article was Francis was approached by us for help but he had promised Pullis he would go with him to west Brom.
                Clearly the board are trying everything but fans have to accept QPRs limitations, why would Bilic come to us :
                We had proven premiership managers and we remained rubbish, let's give JFH a chance. As to Sir Les the club was in turmoil along time before he arrived, clearly the club wanted to put someone in place that had loftus rd blood running through them as one of our main problems was players not caring and tacking the proverbials, Francis would have been a good option but he didn't want to come. Sir Les is probably trying to change a culture that is inherently wrong at our club amongst our players but all those who turn up week in week out for the last 5 years worked out we have loads of jokers on the pitch and we need a root and branch change.
                As to why players played ok under NW but not now, could be similar to why Chelsea look ok now but not under Jose, a question for the players rather than DOF.[/QU

You dont know that for sure. It looks better for Warnock to say he didnt want the job in public after being overlooked then coming out and saying he did.

Warnock wanted the job but Les wanted his own man. Mittals wanted Warnock too from what I been told.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34561710

"Full time management doesn't interest me anymore" from the horses mouth before any talk of JFH or being overlooked, anyway nothing beats a good conspiracy story along the line of the night of the long knives.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER;
                    Problem with this debate is the elephant in the room that NW didn't want the job on a permanent basis but simply wanted an advisory role.
                    How do you know that? You surely don't believe everything you read? How do you know there wasn't a back story?

why would Bilic come to us
                    We were in the prem at the time, by no means certain to drop. Harry was already eyeing the exits (this was December) and Sam and WHU hadn't gone into meltdown. The point that was being made was that quality managers have been available during TF's tenure, some of whom might have come had they been given control and a reasonable package.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34561710

"Full time management doesn't interest me anymore" from the horses mouth before any talk of JFH or being overlooked, anyway nothing beats a good conspiracy story along the line of the night of the long knives.
                      That was before he got handed the reigns. You saw him when he was managing us. He was like a excited little school boy.

Warnock loved it and hes a crafty old sod. He wanted the job and thought he was in contention. He went up against Les and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        Until LF is fu*cked off out of the club and take his rooney rule with him, JFH not his fault it is LF fault for employing him I'm afraid we have to stick with JFH and hope he can turn it around, LF & CR were always on about this coloured thing, and I believe that is all LF is interested in not the club just a massive chip on shoulder, and I'm sure 100% of the fans on here do not care what colour the manager is as long as he is the right man for the job, which I don't think LF is thinking that and TF needs to say to him this is not working, you only got to look who Looks after the various squads Andy Impey youth Furlong under 18s and JFH first team and rumour has it CR will be back at the club is that telling TF something and the fans, it has to be called to a halt now we don't need this at the club if your good enough you get the job end of.
                        cracking post mate. spot farking on.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

At the end of the road, one man has to take responsibility. And that's Fernandes.

It's obscene that people suggest that the antipathy to CR/LF/JFH is racist. It exists because there is absolutely no evidence that they are competent in their jobs at this level. As far as I know Harry wasn't black, and there were no suggestions that those calling for his head were racist.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            100% this.

No one gives a toss what colour the manager is. As others have said before he could be purple for all I care but this clearly was a decision I believe was partially made with colour in mind.

A component dof or chairmen would never of sacked ramsey and replaced hi. With someone so similar with not much difference in experience. Not when you had the likes of lambert, Pearson or warnock available.

Coaches like clement and the bloke from Dortmund who's now doing a good job at Huddersfield even should of been above jfh due to their many years shadowing great managers at massive clubs.

Somehow we end up with jfh!!
                            A component dof or chairmen would never of sacked ramsey

a competent DOF would never have employed Ramsey?

Comment

surrrey_hoop & BuffooneRy squabble moved: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...amp-BuffooneRy

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                                A component dof or chairmen would never of sacked ramsey

a competent DOF would never have employed Ramsey?
                                I 100% agree. My point is a competent one can also learn from his mistakes. This one however sacked ramsey and replaced him with a like for like for bias reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X