Star Wars ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it, but who would of thought chewy is in fact female?!
    What, Solo shags it?
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Yoda's wise words from The Phantom Menace will always stay with me:

"Fear is the path to the dark side
      Fear leads to anger
      Anger leads to hate
      Hate leads to suffering"

Comment

I'm really glad that there are more like me who has never watched it, I tried many times but I turned it off after 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it, but who would of thought chewy is in fact female?!
          That explains the irritating moaning and groaning
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Funny enough my girlfriend's brother and his son will also be at the Imax tomorrow at 7.45am, best place to see it - hope you and your son enjoy it Vesps.

To those casting disparaging remarks about it only being for geeks, kids, spotty teenagers and anoracks (sic), I can assure you I don't fit into any of those categories. And nor does my girlfriend! The reason why the original Star Wars was so successful (the first three films) has nothing to do with its genre - it's because it's absolutely classic story telling - the same plot that you'll see in so many other blockbuster movies - it's David v Goliath, the people v the man, humanity versus machines, good v evil... I was never a massive fan myself, although I did really like the very first one with the superb Alec Guinness - but this latest one is bloody good. In my humble opinion.
            Thats fair enough hubbs. Just in my experience when growing up the typical star wars fan was the geeky teenage type, who'd be doning the untouched bum fluff above the top lip look.... Not saying 'all' star was fans were/are this!... a bit a couple of chelski mates of mine, they're good lads. Not the typical horrible ##### caants that I associate that club with.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Funny enough my girlfriend's brother and his son will also be at the Imax tomorrow at 7.45am, best place to see it - hope you and your son enjoy it Vesps.
              Cheers Hubbs , we ( my little girl , who`s Star Wars crazy) and i both loved it , we`re going again next week !
              Much less politics in this compared to Clones and Sith , loads of excellent Tie/X wing fighter scenes , was left incomplete ,on purpose ,there`s so much more find out ,like Is Snoke really Darth Plagius and who Rey really is .
              My only complaint would be there`s not enough alien cities or mad landscapes ,the whole thing could have been set on earth .
              I know some people think the whole thing is geeky ,but i don`t give a f uck ,i love it as much now as i did in 77 when i saw the original !
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                Cheers Hubbs , we ( my little girl , who`s Star Wars crazy) and i both loved it , we`re going again next week !
                Much less politics in this compared to Clones and Sith , loads of excellent Tie/X wing fighter scenes , was left incomplete ,on purpose ,there`s so much more find out ,like Is Snoke really Darth Plagius and who Rey really is .
                My only complaint would be there`s not enough alien cities or mad landscapes ,the whole thing could have been set on earth .
                I know some people think the whole thing is geeky ,but i don`t give a f uck ,i love it as much now as i did in 77 when i saw the original !
                I'm going to try and get me eldest on the firm with this Star Wars malarkey. Sure I must have a few of them on beta max some where and il go buy the new one orf the cockle pickers.
                "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                London Pride is a flower that's free.
                London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                  il go buy the new one orf the cockle pickers.
                  Orful quality aren't those usually?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Orful quality aren't those usually?
                    Absolutely fine if you sit right far back and blink a load.the noise is too much. Going to order the first three for the wife for us all to watch together then go pictures for the new one, can I swerve them middle few ?

Comment

Absolutely fine if you sit right far back and blink a load.the noise is too much. Going to order the first three for the wife for us all to watch together then go pictures for the new one, can I swerve them middle few ?
                      The middle three were actually Episodes 1,2 and 3 in the film series, so if you want to watch the whole story in the right chronology it's best to start with those. I'm actually revisiting those at the moment. It's interesting to find out the background to the Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader characters, as well as to learn how the entire epic saga unfolds. Episode 1 was actually the one most panned by the critics but I actually enjoyed it. And 2 and 3 were classics according to Vesps, whereas Hubble-Bubble never rated them; so this typifies their public's mixed reaction.

However the first three that came out (which were Episodes 4, 5 and 6) were widely acclaimed both critically and by the public; and the first two IMO were all-time classics.

This latest film is actually Episode 7 in the series, which has been released a whole 25 years after Episode 6.

Comment

Disney has announced a new one every year until 2018.
                        Not a huge fan, and I have only watched first 10 minutes of this one, but it does look good.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          The middle three were actually Episodes 1,2 and 3 in the film series, so if you want to watch the whole story in the right chronology it's best to start with those. I'm actually revisiting those at the moment. It's interesting to find out the background to the Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader characters, as well as to learn how the entire epic saga unfolds. Episode 1 was actually the one most panned by the critics but I actually enjoyed it. And 2 and 3 were classics according to Vesps, whereas Hubble-Bubble never rated them; so this typifies their public's mixed reaction.

However the first three that came out (which were Episodes 4, 5 and 6) were widely acclaimed both critically and by the public; and the first two IMO were all-time classics.

This latest film is actually Episode 7 in the series, which has been released a whole 25 years after Episode 6.
                          Just orf to me pals in Bletchley so as to decipher that.bed ####s and broomsticks it is then.

Comment

Just orf to me pals in Bletchley so as to decipher that.bed ####s and broomsticks it is then.
                            And the explanation I gave you was the simplified one!

Basically it's all George Lucas' fault for making the films in the wrong farking order. One of his excuses for that was because he had to wait 16 years for the special FX technology to reach the level he wanted to make The Phantom Menace.

Comment

Jees , if i tried to explain Star Wars canon from Star Wars legend and the expanded universe ,things would get proper messy ! Not to mention the "rule of two" and the Sith / Jedi laws .
                              For me ,Empire Strikes Back is the best film ,then Revenge of the Sith ,
                              No 1 Phantom Menance was easily the worst of the 7 , but still good enough to watch ,especially the fleeting appearance of Darth Maul,and the pod race,
                              2 ,Attack of the Clones and 3 Revenge of the Sith were overly complicated , but for SWs geeks like me ,they gave us loads to get to grips with ,loved them both,
                              4 A new hope ,5 Empire strikes Back were absolute classics of their time
                              6 Return of the Jedi was good , but a little too childish ( or by the time it came out ,i was a teenager and not a child myself )

There is the whole Clone Wars series and the Rebels ,also worth a watch .The rest isn`t canon .

I completely get why some people reckon its all geeky ,but its all too good to care !
                              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Hey Vesps, sorry to make the assumption you were going with your son - I knew I should have asked rather than assume! Glad your daughter loved the film though.

Comment

Working...
                                X