Football Manager 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 16

Is anyone playing this? I downloaded the demo the other day as I've skipped the game for a few years now. Its pretty good. Any gems I could snap up? Obviously I am QPR, and I am very much the new JFH - open, expansive play, attacking, pressing etc. Anyway, some comments on my season so far which I imagine no one else will find interesting:

- Only Watford came in for Austin and Phillips, they both demanded to leave and said they'd make life very difficult for me if I stopped them. Austin "did not look interested" in games and didnt score in 5. After the window closed, his morale improved and he's now hit 8 in 8.
    - I signed a 36 yr old Brazillian midfielder for about 50k, I asked Sandro to mentor him and I'm imagining they're out every night at the Rodizio Rico in Notting Hill. My all Brazilian double pivot are beastly, sorry Ale!
    - Martin Rowlands commented in the press about how Leroy Fer was dominating so I decided to offer him a contract for a laugh. He joined for a salary of £300/week, and the fans (probably you twunts on here!) were up in arms about the "ridiculous cost". I brought back a club legend to boost morale ffs!
    - Speaking of moaning fans, I'm currently 2nd in the league, league top scorers, into the 4th round of the cup...! And yet the fans are still "disappointed" we lost 3-2 away at Wolves 2 months ago. Come on!!
    - Perry Sucking keeps telling me that Perch isn't the marauding full back I want him to be and that I tell him to stop making overlapping runs. FFS Perry, he's got 3 assists already, gtfo of my office!!!
    - Traore keeps getting injured.

Anyway, back to real life...
    Last edited by Jeems; 16-12-2015, 11:46 AM.

I haven't played any of those manager games since Champ Man 01-02, what a game that was.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Comment

I find FM got harder & harder every year until you had to be a big team to do well so I gave up

Comment

- Perry Sucking keeps telling me that Perch isn't the marauding full back I want him to be and that I tell him to stop making overlapping runs. FFS Perry, he's got 3 assists already, gtfo of my office!!!
          JFH definitely been logging into my FM account to study my style of play.

Comment

Jeems, do you know if its possible to update the transfers/kits/managers for this season with a file download?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              Jeems, do you know if its possible to update the transfers/kits/managers for this season with a file download?
              I would imagine so yeah, if you have the game check on the steam workshop for it. I played it earlier before the update with Washington and stuff. i got promoted first season but Austin wouldn't sign a new contract so lost him on a free, then started in the premiership and lost 4 of 5. Haven't played since as studying but will pick up new one I imagine. I buy it pretty much every year great game.altnough past couple of years AI has been odd and very much one tactic wins you games but trying other options doesn't work too well. As you say as well the board vet too picky, one lose and it is never forgetten about despite the other wins and the fact we aren't a massive club.

Comment

Nano, spoke to someone via another forum and got links for all new facepacks and transfers updated for this window.
                Also found kit packs for the prem teams and la liga on the same website.
                Gonna check back in a few weeks in the hope someone sticks up a new kit pack for championship teams, as well as a badge update for us.
                At this moment in time dont even think i need to buy the new version

Comment

Clocked in 240 hours on it, but that's the least I've played in a few years of this game, probably because I didn't have to do as much revision and hence as much procrastinating...

I think in 3 of my games as QPR Austin has been targeted by Watford and I usually let him go, but Phillips ends up being my player of the season all the time.

I'm one of those guys who only looks for under 23s and that's quite difficult to do at this level but you always find a few, especially on loan.

Yun is a hidden gem on this game but you can't extend his contract in game for the same reason you can't do it in real life, which means he's gone one year in.

A midfield trio of Faurlin, Fer and Sandro playing deeper wins me most of the games I'm in, Luongo always comes in and does the job but those three are great together, with Chery wide left and Phillips wide right.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    I haven't played any of those manager games since Champ Man 01-02, what a game that was.
                    Same here, I got to season 2014/15 and then the game crashed, I tried everything to get it to work and then give up!

Comment

If you've not played since 01-02 then you'd be lost on the newer ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X