No announcement yet.

Can we keep defending Rob Green??? discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always defended him, but these errors do seem to be becoming more regular. Would argue for every "great save" he makes that other keepers might not, he cancels it out with an error.

getting extremely frustrated with his kicking aswell.

Only reason i am cautious about dropping him is in the appearances smithies has made, he looks equally poor.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      TBH don't think he was particularly at fault for goal. Was partially sighted, it was deflected and bounced in front of him. Some people just wait to pounce on him for anything.

That said not 100% convinced and would like to see Smithies being given a run in the side sometime this season.
      Sorry Furtive, he was at fault he was half asleep still mumping about the previous goal. It went under him ffs. His body language is all wrong you can see there is no confidence. Yes he stops point blank stuff but he doesn't command the six yard box, comes when he shouldn't, doesn't come when he should and that stupid side on chip kick he does is a joke. His distribution is awful. Keeper's howlers will always be noticed more than anyone else and that isn't really fair but he does make too many for a top keeper.

Comment

frustrates me with his distribution, takes an age to throw the ball out, for gawd sake we have some pace wide with Hoilett and Phillips. As for his kicking, watch out row Z
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          TBH don't think he was particularly at fault for goal. Was partially sighted, it was deflected and bounced in front of him. Some people just wait to pounce on him for anything.

That said not 100% convinced and would like to see Smithies being given a run in the side sometime this season.
          should have stopped that....end of

Comment

Can he be offski at the end of the season.... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
              should have stopped that....end of
              in your dreams. the deflection was downwards and sideways, what happens after that is more luck than judgement.

Green is far from perfect but that type of glancing deflection is wicked. Like slip practice without seeing the bat. Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                in your dreams. the deflection was downwards and sideways, what happens after that is more luck than judgement.

Green is far from perfect but that type of glancing deflection is wicked. Like slip practice without seeing the bat. Or something.
                matter of opinions
                if you asked rob green if he should of stopped it i'm sure he would say something like......i could have done better!

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                  matter of opinions
                  if you asked rob green if he should of stopped it i'm sure he would say something like......i could have done better!
                  Austin said Green should've saved it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Exactly, and fizzing off a wet surface, and the sideways movement brought the ball back towards him with dip, as he was outstretched for the original path of the ball. So yes, it went under him because he was trying to re-position his body to account for the spin and change of direction. As you imply, with those factors, the outcome was in the lap of the gods.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I'd wager not many Championship keepers would've stopped that going in, doesn't matter who they are, so I personally don't blame Green for the second goal. If anything, the man shouldn't have been allowed to get a shot off in the first place.
                      That said, I do feel very nervous every time Green gets close to the ball. His kicking is awful and he doesnt leave his line anywhere near as quickly as I'd like. Good shot stopper but poor at commanding his area.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

In fairness to Green, in the last few games I seem to have noticed a vast improvement in terms of his coming for crosses and reading the game better and leaving his line quicker to avoid any more misunderstandings with his defenders. He was looking to throw the ball out quicker a few times last night as well, but when your players don't move into wide open spaces, it doesn't help him.

Can't defend his mistake for last night though. Not interested in deflections that far out or if the ball bounced or the grass is wet. Having said that, it was just an awful mistake imo. One that he needs to ensure doesn't happen again.

It's his kicking that winds me up most of all. Any pro footballer under no pressure should surely be able to kick a football very close to where they want it to go.

Bit risky replacing him just yet with Smithies. Time to do it would have been at the start of the season when it wouldn't have been quite so critical, but just another in a long list of gaffes from CR.

Comment

Should've sold him to Chelsea imagine the Sh*t they'd be in then

Comment

Working...
                          X