Can we keep defending Rob Green??? discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we keep defending Rob Green??? discuss

I know the same old defence of great shot stopper etc will be trotted out but for all the good saves he pulls off the guy costs us goals far to frequently. There are two or three mistakes a game

He's not the future and is unlikely to be here next season so give Smithies a run of games and see if hes up to it if hes not replace both of them in august

Thanks Rob but for me your time is up I want a good all round keeper we can rely upon to do the basics not just a shot stopper

Have to say that when JFH said he hates conceding goals I thought to myself - well that's Greens days numbered.

Too many #### ups that cost us goals.

Comment

Not for me . I know he's pulled off some too draw saves but #### me has that lad cost us

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I know the same old defence of great shot stopper etc will be trotted out but for all the good saves he pulls off the guy costs us goals far to frequently. There are two or three mistakes a game

He's not the future and is unlikely to be here next season so give Smithies a run of games and see if hes up to it if hes not replace both of them in august

Thanks Rob but for me your time is up I want a good all round keeper we can rely upon to do the basics not just a shot stopper
        To me it all depends what the goals JFH has been set. If it is to get promotion then i would stick with Green. All keepers make mistakes and i think Green stop more than he does make mistakes. If it is to see how you do, but we want promotion next season then he should play Smithies. It is so hard to tell what the club wants from week to week

Comment

Play offs are wanted with hopefully promotion, hence ramsey sacking. Just watching les tell Ollie it on the pitch on sky as I type.

Comment

In a word NO

Comment

yes we can- its a fact of life that goalkeepers make mistakes..every single one...

"he makes 2 or 3 mistakes a game?" really ..he made one last night..has let 3 goals in in the previous nine..had a similar run of clean sheets last tine we where in the Championship kept many games in single figures in the Prem last season.

" he won't be here next season give smithies a Run" - Well the same applies to Charlie, Sandro.phillips and fer should we drop those 4 as well...

there will never be agreement on Green and the speed which some fans are happy to jump on him when he makes a mistake but are not willing to praise him when he does sums up our fans at the moment.

Comment

Id give smithies a run. Why spend £1m+ on a keeper and he doesn't get a sniff even when the number 1 makes howlers.

Green has been great for us, but I think he's on the slip. Give the kid a run of games.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Id give smithies a run. Why spend £1m+ on a keeper and he doesn't get a sniff even when the number 1 makes howlers.

Green has been great for us, but I think he's on the slip. Give the kid a run of games.
                  would you say the same about gladwin? we spent a million on him? phillips hasn't scored or assisted for 3 games? missed a couple of sitters?
                  If charlie doesn't score for 3 would you replace him with Poulter? he cost a million too.

Green has been great for us and will continue to be. Smithies will get his time ..

Comment

Green has been #### this season and inspires no confidence whatsoever imo.

Philips was fantastic last night and Austin scored twice so I don't know what nonsense ur going on about.

Comment

Green has been #### this season and inspires no confidence whatsoever imo.

Philips was fantastic last night and Austin scored twice so I don't know what nonsense ur going on about.
                      i know - and Green made one mistake - has only let in 3 goals in the previous 9 games..and didn't even have a bad game last night..just made one mistake..my point is that people are harder on him because he's a keeper..they weren't slating sandro for being knocked down by a feather for the first goal or Hall for turning his back on the 2nd ...Green will always divide people..and why because i disagree with you am i talking nonsense?

Comment

TBH don't think he was particularly at fault for goal. Was partially sighted, it was deflected and bounced in front of him. Some people just wait to pounce on him for anything.

That said not 100% convinced and would like to see Smithies being given a run in the side sometime this season.

Comment

If u honestly think Green didn't have a bad game last night then um afraid we have nothing to discuss.

Comment

If u honestly think Green didn't have a bad game last night then um afraid we have nothing to discuss.
                            But we do..apart from the goal can you tell me what else he did wrong any more than any other player?

Comment

I'm still happy to stay with him for the time being.

Is there much difference to the long range shot which he let in last night and Polters miss right in front of goal on the outcome ? If either of those went our way we would have won. Problem is we are expected to never concede and score with every attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X