The Gaffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gaffer

It's refreshing seeing a manager on the sidelines berating players and getting them going. At point point he was screaming at Sandro telling him to move a few yards back. Love to see a bit of passion from the manager, and he got us playing some great stuff tonight.

It's too early to make a real judgement just yet, but I'm liking what I'm seeing!

JFH coming across very well and I agree to see him live every moment with the players is so refreshing.

His desire is infectious and the players look to have stepped up a couple of gears. Only if we were starting the season now hey.

Had some reservations about JFH in stepping up but so far hes coming across very well.

Comment

wonder how many of our previous managers (or any manager in this league for that matter) would've shouted at their players to stop celebrating that equalizer and to get back and try and win the game...
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        wonder how many of our previous managers (or any manager in this league for that matter) would've shouted at their players to stop celebrating that equalizer and to get back and try and win the game...
        Warock would of smelt blood I reckon. Think Warnock deserves a lot of credit too. He got us organised and has given JFH a very sold platform to build on.

What Ramsey was doing for the first part of the season was a shambles and could be costly as I believe we are a real threat in this league now.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Warock would of smelt blood I reckon. Think Warnock deserves a lot of credit too. He got us organised and has given JFH a very sold platform to build on.

What Ramsey was doing for the first part of the season was a shambles and could be costly as I believe we are a real threat in this league now.
          Agree on both parts.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

NW certainly deserves a lot of credit. Straight back to basics and as it seams has given JFH a half decent team. Now if JFH can keep up his good work on the mentality of his players - not giving up/work rate/passion etc etc we could well be in with a chance of the playoffs.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Playing our best players in their correct positions in a massive plus after two games

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Playing our best players in their correct positions in a massive plus after two games
                Didn't agree with Onuha at RB last night but yeah, players in their right places makes a massive difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Didn't agree with Onuha at RB last night but yeah, players in their right places makes a massive difference.
                  To be fair that was kind of forced on him. Most of us wanted Henry to slip into right back and leave Hall and Ned in place but, credit Angella, he did a decent job when called upon.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Bear in mind he didn't start there and only moved there when perch had to come off.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He actually started at CB only Perch's injury forced the Chief to RB
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
                        He actually started at CB only Perch's injury forced the Chief to RB
                        I know, the point was playing players in their best positions and, for me, Onuha should have stayed in the middle as he is far better there than RB.

Henry at RB would have been my call - keep the 2 best CD in their best positions.

Worked out alright in the end tho...

Comment

I know, the point was playing players in their best positions and, for me, Onuha should have stayed in the middle as he is far better there than RB.

Henry at RB would have been my call - keep the 2 best CD in their best positions.

Worked out alright in the end tho...
                          Yeah, I agree with Henry being RB.
                          But I guess the good thing is Angella is getting a second chance to impress, and I thought he did ok last night. Still don't like Onuoha at RB though and imo you can't leave him out. I'd recall Harriman or Furlong and give one of them a go tbh.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Yeah, I agree with Henry being RB.
                            But I guess the good thing is Angella is getting a second chance to impress, and I thought he did ok last night. Still don't like Onuoha at RB though and imo you can't leave him out. I'd recall Harriman or Furlong and give one of them a go tbh.
                            Would agree on Harriman / Furlong, especially while everyone is supposed to be getting a chance.

Angella terrifies me but yeah, he was ok last night.

Comment

Would agree on Harriman / Furlong, especially while everyone is supposed to be getting a chance.

Angella terrifies me but yeah, he was ok last night.
                              Yeah he terrified me too under Ramsey, I reckon its a clean slate for everyone under Jimmy Floyd.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2