Charlie Austin January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin January

With recent reports that we are looking to consolidate, has anyone come out and said catagorically Charlie Austin will not be sold? I know he's not 100 percent fit but to me it seems as though he may be being wrapped in cotton wool so he is injury free come the start of the transfer window. I know it would be in Charlie's best interest to run his contract down but if the right financial package is put on the table I'm sure he would be open to it. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

My view is that it all depends who comes in for him and how much we want now. I can't see him being interested in going to villa Norwich or Sunderland for example. I think if palace or Southampton came in for him and matched our revised valuation, which I reckon will be £8 or £9 mil he will be off.

Comment

I get the feeling that his knee has finally gone.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
        Based upon what exactly?
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Based upon what exactly?
          Just my gut feeling. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Based upon what exactly?
            Yeah strange comment but I don't think this so called not match fit can be right. I think they want to get some money in Jan. X
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Yeah strange comment but I don't think this so called not match fit can be right. I think they want to get some money in Jan. X
              If they want to get some money in January, surely he needs to play. Otherwise there will be a question over his fitness.

Comment

So surprised people think a board that writes off 250 million without even blinking is now all of a sudden telling managers not to play our best player over a measly five million, very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                  Alright Mystic Meg... Crikeeey!!

At best I would say the following statements about Chaz would be correct.

"The club dont want to risk him getting an injury before the window, as they are looking to flog him. Therefore are using him as a bit part player / impact. This would line up with Lee Hoos comments on selling assets at the right time.."

"Or as already said he wont be sold and will leave on a free in the Summer. He isn't 100% fit at the moment and we need him on point for the whole season and not just a couple of games."

Comment

Doesn't matter what anyone comes out and says about Charlie going, press statements from football clubs don't mean ####.

If the right offer comes in that Charlie wants he will likely go, if it doesn't then he won't and will have more choice in the summer.

Comment

What we've heard is that he will not go to any relegation threatened club, so that rules out quite a few, besides his wife not wanting to go up north. If we go up he stays. If we don't, he will move and take the signing on fee, making it cheaper for suitable clubs to sign him. But could be awkward though, if the right clubs don't come in and Hoos wants him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                        What we've heard is that he will not go to any relegation threatened club, so that rules out quite a few
                        Only good news is that deffo rules out them Chelsea mugs down the road then, they won't be doing a Remy on us again thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Only good news is that deffo rules out them Chelsea mugs down the road then, they won't be doing a Remy on us again thank God.
                          Honestly think he would be stupid to go there... I cannot see how this would be a good a move for his 'footballing career' that he prides himself on.

Comment

He won't go there, hes ruled out any clubs in a relegation dog fight. We cool.

Comment

the club and player have said a few times he wont be going in January. Hoping people just listen to them for once and we dont get this speculation all January

Comment

Working...
                              X