My take on Burnley and the new setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on Burnley and the new setup.

A very good football first half against a very good team, but we ran out of steam and Burnley took control of the second period.

A few things I fail to understand what fans are not getting; is really around the team picked.

1. Why didnt we start a striker / Charlie was on the bench? Austin isn't fit and clearly JET hasnt been 100%. I wouldnt play anyone else up top right now as I think Matty P will offer more although well out of position. The only argument you could make is, why not play Chaz for the first half instead of the second half when everyone is fooooked.

2. Karl Henry is rubbish? Well he isnt Rubbish, in-fact he was superb last season for us!! Small memories once again, he was picked for experience and thats pretty fair IMO. That and I am sure Jimmy didnt want to start off with a loss. That and Chery is not a winger, he offers nothing out wide because he lets himself down with his serious lack of work rate. Which btw Henry offered in bag loads on Saturday, he was superb.

3. It was a poor second half? It wasnt poor, we played well in parts but ran out of steam and Burnley controlled it. The reason for this was because JFH wants his team to be 100MPH for 90 minutes. We was ruined come 60 minutes to be fair, Faurlin and Sandro put in a right shift. Fitness is a huge issue here...

4. Why didnt JFH change the team? Why should he, we've been playing very well. The back four has been solid and will remain that way if kept the same now. Hall and Nedum have been superb together so I wouldnt change this and the same goes for Faurlin and Sandro who have been top notch. Ideally Phillips and Junior should play out wide once we have a fit Austin with a number 10 behind him. I dont think the team is far from our best formation IMO.

Overall It was good and there was some noticeable changes already. I liked how the fitness coach was more vocal before and during the game, little drills to get the team warm and moving before they even kick-off. I liked how JFH and Oldfield was massively vocal during the whole of the game, shouting out at the players and applauding what they did well.

The goals will come, but we had to go back to the basics to stop shipping as many. We can thank NW for that actually.

Positives fellow Hoops fans, lets look at the positives.

Comment

Good OP.

Comment

O/P tells it as it is , why have consecutive managers gone with Phillips up front instead of Charlie easy Phillips has pace and can leave a defender , Charlie hasn't got pace even when fit , with regards to Henry too many of his knocker were conned into this fallacy that Ramsey was a great coach so it couldn't be his fault Henry seemed to be playing badly , we have a squad equal to Brighton Burnley Derby M/borough if not better also include Bournemouth in that why are they higher than us down to one thing they are all coached to a level far higher than what we have been since last Febuary

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          O/P tells it as it is , why have consecutive managers gone with Phillips up front instead of Charlie easy Phillips has pace and can leave a defender , Charlie hasn't got pace even when fit , with regards to Henry too many of his knocker were conned into this fallacy that Ramsey was a great coach so it couldn't be his fault Henry seemed to be playing badly , we have a squad equal to Brighton Burnley Derby M/borough also include Bournemouth if not better why are they higher than us down to one thing they are all coached to a level far higher than what we have been since last Febuary
          I didn't say this but I see why Phillips is playing over other strikers currently... because Chaz and JET clearly havent been fit.

When fit Charlie has to start.

Comment

Agree 100% with this. I've barracked Henry early in the season but I take my words back after his performance on Saturday. He's a really smart player and he can be a very important player in our promotion run this season primarily down to his work rate. When we need to see out those 1-0 results, get Henry in there to slow the opposition down.
            The closing down I saw in the first half was something I never thought I'd see at Loftus Road and long may it continue.
            Great post mate.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
            X