Jay Simpson - remember him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Simpson - remember him?

Sorry if this has mentioned before,but I see he is the top scorer in league 2 with 16 goals so far for Leyton Orient and his goal yesterday was a cracking header.Polter seems to have disappeared and Blackwood seems out of contention.Could do a lot worse,but then again,perhaps not.

Why not? Not sure what kind of player he was? Was he a fox in the box- type of player, by any chance?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Had a decent goal-scoring record for us. In his prime now at 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Why not? Not sure what kind of player he was? Was he a fox in the box- type of player, by any chance?
        Yes he was Shania,but appears to have added another dimension to his game and has scored some blinding individual goals as well this season.Might find some evidence on YouTube??

Comment

Thanks, geejaybee. I remember him vaguely now, I think.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Had a decent goal-scoring record for us. In his prime now at 27.
            12 in 39 for us in 2009/10 and 20 in 48 for his current team L.Orient.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Thanks, geejaybee. I remember him vaguely now, I think.
              My pleasure Shania.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                Yes he was Shania,but appears to have added another dimension to his game and has scored some blinding individual goals as well this season.Might find some evidence on YouTube??
                Not sure about the "fox in the box"- surprised by his record for us as i always looked at him as the type who needed 4 or 5 chances to get a goal.

Would be complete and utter meltdown if we signed a 27 year old from league 2.

Wrong move for us

Comment

Always quite liked him tbf, pleased he is doing well. Obviously found his level.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                    Sorry if this has mentioned before,but I see he is the top scorer in league 2 with 16 goals so far for Leyton Orient and his goal yesterday was a cracking header.Polter seems to have disappeared and Blackwood seems out of contention.Could do a lot worse,but then again,perhaps not.
                    One swallow does not a summer make Gee.

The previous season he scored 1 goal in 21 games in the Thai league. To put things into perspective, Jay Bothroyd scored 6 goals in 16 games in the same league at the same time!

Comment

Found his level, END.

Leon Clarke scores for fun in leagues 1 & 2, but is PONY when in the Champ or at a big club.

Comment

personally

personally i would buy him for about 300 thousand i think hes good dont forget he was kind of raw when he joined us so with his experience hes gained hes obviously got a lot better so lets hope we sign him up
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                        X