No announcement yet.

On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaz still ain't fit enough to start, he's an automatic choice for any manager, no mistake made imo

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      I haven't such a high work rate / pressing game from us in a long time, (in the 1st half) and that must be down to JFH - with some excellent passages of play and some nice one-touch football. Henry, Ale and Sandro completely bossed the midfield, but total opposite of that in the 2nd half with Burnley dominant.

​Overall, a very good first half but poor 2nd half. Strange why he barely changed Warnock's team at all. Stranger still starting with no strikers, again. Another clean sheet. Decent point and solid start to his tenure. Need to build on it for Tues now.

Special mention for Perch, who I thought was solid throughout and is showing good signs of improvement in the last few games.

Jimmy's was excellent, as was the overall atmosphere in the 1st half - much more noisy and a lot more singing than usual. I think we wanted to give Jimmy a good first impression of the famous LR atmosphere.

Joey's reception was decent overall when he was first announced, plenty of applause but a few boos too.
      cheers stan...imo jimmy was a great signing-have high hopes if we play it right. Glad barton got a decent reception considering he at least tried during his spell-even if he is a mediocre egomaniac plum.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Chaz still ain't fit enough to start, he's an automatic choice for any manager, no mistake made imo
        Play him for 45mins or 60 when our players are all fit and sharp and then rest him. Surely that's just common sense keV?
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Don't know mate, but every manager seems to play a non fully it player at later stages of a game , it's the norm.

Comment

Don't know mate, but every manager seems to play a non fully it player at the end, it's the norm.
            I can agree with strikers that have pace but charlie at least needs some kind of service. Let him do the business and then take him off. I agree with your point but let's start with players playing in their rightful positions and get a lead. So many posts said it would be 60mins wasted and they're spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              I haven't such a high work rate / pressing game from us in a long time, (in the 1st half) and that must be down to JFH - with some excellent passages of play and some nice one-touch football. Henry, Ale and Sandro completely bossed the midfield, but total opposite of that in the 2nd half with Burnley dominant.

​Overall, a very good first half but poor 2nd half. Strange why he barely changed Warnock's team at all. Stranger still starting with no strikers, again. Another clean sheet. Decent point and solid start to his tenure. Need to build on it for Tues now.

Special mention for Perch, who I thought was solid throughout and is showing good signs of improvement in the last few games.

Jimmy's was excellent, as was the overall atmosphere in the 1st half - much more noisy and a lot more singing than usual. I think we wanted to give Jimmy a good first impression of the famous LR atmosphere.

Joey's reception was decent overall when he was first announced, plenty of applause but a few boos too.
              I spoke to Les Ferdinand before the game and he said Charlie is only fit enough for half hour. Suggested that it might take a few more games to get him up to match fitness and they don't wanna push him and risk him breaking down. Bearing in mind the JET has also only just come back from injury and Polter is dog sh*t, I don't think we had a choice but to carry on with Phillips up front!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                I can agree with strikers that have pace but charlie at least needs some kind of service. Let him do the business and then take him off. I agree with your point but let's start with players playing in their rightful positions and get a lead. So many posts said it would be 60mins wasted and they're spot on.
                The reason I think is because when a player isn't fully fit, he isn't up to the pace of the rest of them quality wise and as a result, he would just slow down the play. Bringing him on later when he's roughly coming in at the same level as everyone else fitness wise gives him better exposure and confidence.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  I spoke to Les Ferdinand before the game and he said Charlie is only fit enough for half hour. Suggested that it might take a few more games to get him up to match fitness and they don't wanna push him and risk him breaking down. Bearing in mind the JET has also only just come back from injury and Polter is dog sh*t, I don't think we had a choice but to carry on with Phillips up front!
                  well im glad youre ITK.

but after the game today, i turned to the fella next to me and said charlie better get 45-60 mins on Tues.. if not the full 90!!!
                  definitely get the full 90 by Sat at Bristol!

if we're not able to coach a lethal finishing product to Junior, who i must say all the other bits of his game are coming together nicely, then we need to sling on the strikers for recognized firepower!
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Not sure it's even that.

I think it's purely down to the fact we'd won two on the spin, and the manager didn't want to upset a winning side. I fully expect chaz to start against Brighton.

Played well. They were hardly a threat at all, and that's credit to us. How that header stayed out the net in injury time, God only knows. Fantastic defensively again, but really need to address this scoring issue. No point keeping clean sheets if we can't score.

Jimmy's teams score a lot of goals so I expect this to be sorted sooner than later.

Comment

How people can complain about lack of goals is a mystery to me. The best organized teams are traditionally built from the defence. Hasselbaink is explaining the reason why we dont have strikers available atm; they are not fit for 90 minutes. Just my opinion.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        How people can complain about lack of goals is a mystery to me. The best organized teams are traditionally built from the defence. Hasselbaink is explaining the reason why we dont have strikers available atm; they are not fit for 90 minutes. Just my opinion.
                        Agree Shania.

People would whinge soon enough if we rushed our only decent striker back too early and he got hurt again!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Not sure it's even that.

I think it's purely down to the fact we'd won two on the spin, and the manager didn't want to upset a winning side. I fully expect chaz to start against Brighton.

Played well. They were hardly a threat at all, and that's credit to us. How that header stayed out the net in injury time, God only knows. Fantastic defensively again, but really need to address this scoring issue. No point keeping clean sheets if we can't score.

Jimmy's teams score a lot of goals so I expect this to be sorted sooner than later.
                          I heard it from the horses mouth mate. Was in C Club and Les told us that Charlie isn't match fit and is only good for 30 minutes. He said it will take a few games yet before he's match fit.

Comment

I heard it from the horses mouth mate. Was in C Club and Les told us that Charlie isn't match fit and is only good for 30 minutes. He said it will take a few games yet before he's match fit.
                            Did you go full VIP and have a meal in it? Have thought about it myself but not sure I can accept the expense even though it would be a 1 off

Comment

bet he's fit for his Newcastle debut!

Comment

How is he only fit enough for half an hour ? Chaz himself has said he's been fit and raring to go for a couple of weeks . Didn't we say he's only fit for 30 minutes last week ? Sounds like les is spinning a load of old ######## to me . One things for sure though , our lack of options up front is going to cost us yet again . Just like it has for the last few seasons , it's so glaringly obvious I can't actually believe it hasn't been adressed properly

Comment

Working...
                                X