Two goals in seven. None in open play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Not really as if we keep letting that amount in then 10 in 8 would almost certainly mean relegation.

Ok mate, you do you boo boo.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Just pointing out stats which are real. As for mocking bit low considering you went into hiding after the Newcastle game!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Just pointing out stats which are real. As for mocking bit low considering you went into hiding after the Newcastle game!
        Oooh calling me out on that, in case you aren't aware, I have my own section for stats and I posted the next day, the start of my QPR Football Manager Story. I'd suggest you check it out, going to be continuing it either tonight or tomorrow and it'll be good, I assure you
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I know I had a look.

Comment

The point of this actually was "none in open play"

Comment

I thought yestetday was open play myself

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                So far only seen the sky sports highlights and the ticker on the OneFootball app, but it seems like it was a short corner followed by a delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Me too. Only saw the highlights didnt see any corner shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Me too. Only saw the highlights didnt see any corner shown.
                    Got to see the club highlights, it's a corner delivered near post, headed back to Chery by Caulker, delivered in again to the far post and headed in by Sylla. Definitely a set piece goal again and a pretty decent one.

Comment

It was from memory crap corner from Chery which hit first defender, not caulker, which fortunately went back to Chery who put second ball in better

Comment

Just wanted to bring this up, looking at it in an interesting way. So firstly, the above point, it was indeed touched back by Caulker into the path of Chery who crossed it in again.

But something I saw, only one team in the top 5 leagues have only scored from set pieces. That team is Empoli and they've only scored 2 goals in 6 matches. But the actual thing I wanted to bring this back up for is that in the top 5 leagues, 8 teams haven't scored from a set piece or Penalty yet this season. Those 8 teams have averaged just under 4 goals each this season in around 6 games. I'd certainly rather be in the situation that we're in than the one they're in. What I think is impressive is that when we get to the byline, a chance is guaranteed really. Either we deliver it in, get a head on it or they knock it behind for us, or they block it and it goes out. The best part is how effective we are from set pieces. We've scored 7 set pieces, 4 pens. Only Newcastle and Nottingham Forest have scored more from set pieces (8 and 9 respectively). We've done this from only 15 accurate corners and 5 accurate dangerous free kicks. That's a goal every 3 accurate set pieces. We keep getting them to our players that way, chances are that the goal will come.

We're creative enough to get into a position where the chance leads to a corner and we're efficient in the air. The next step is getting efficient on the ground because once we have that down, goals will come. We don't create as much as other teams, but we score goals anyway. When we actually start scoring those chances in the box or taking more shots at least to force corners, we'll be very difficult to get past.

Comment

Need to score from open play but it will come. Syllas last minute header a sitter on sat.

Comment

Working...
                          X