No announcement yet.

Two goals in seven. None in open play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two goals in seven. None in open play.

Not helped by not playing a striker. Haven't scored in the first half for nine games and two months. No goals in that team, bar Charlie. Three touch Fer couldn't score in a month of Sundays. Best chance in open play (only chance?) falls to a defensive CM playing on the wing.

I really don't get it mate . Seems like we are petrified of going for the jugular. It's sadly very predictable

Comment

JFH out !

Comment

No. But Charlie and Jet in. And three touch Fer out. Asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          No. But Charlie and Jet in. And three touch Fer out. Asap.
          Fer was fine today.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I find three touch fer a bit lazy especially today, I would try chery against Brighton he can't do any worse surley
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Fer was fine today.
              Three touch was totally pants and completely anonymous.

Comment

Anonymous yea? Except for the fact that only Faurlin, Konch and Green were in possession longer than him on our team. Anonymous even though he won more aerial duels on our team than anyone. Anonymous even though he made 3 tackles and had 6 shots. Yea, he was anonymous...

As for pants, he did a lot more going forward than most of our team, played 4 key passes (more than anyone on the pitch). Don't think we saw the same game, but even while I was there, he looked a lot better than most, and a lot better than he has recently.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Bowlarks.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Anonymous yea? Except for the fact that only Faurlin, Konch and Green were in possession longer than him on our team. Anonymous even though he won more aerial duels on our team than anyone. Anonymous even though he made 3 tackles and had 6 shots. Yea, he was anonymous...

As for pants, he did a lot more going forward than most of our team, played 4 key passes (more than anyone on the pitch). Don't think we saw the same game, but even while I was there, he looked a lot better than most, and a lot better than he has recently.

More than pants. The only thing three touch has done this season, other than that tap in goal, is concede that penalty.

Comment

We're so blinding going forward we seem to score at will.

Comment

We're so blinding going forward we seem to score at will.
                        We actually were earlier in the season. Looks like playing no striker and playing your best winger up front on his own doesn't really work.

Not complaining about today as I thought it was largely a decent performance against a pretty decent opposition. I'm just puzzled about the team selection. If I was JET or Poulter I would be seriously p155ed off that the management would rather play someone out of position than let them have a start. Especially considering how JET performed when Charlie was first injured. I can only assume there must be fitness or other issues...

Comment

JET has had an injury, Poulter just seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth!

Comment

fer wasnt anonymous but also wasnt great today, as usual.

back to the OP though, it all comes down to not playing a recognized striker up front. Philips is not up to the task. Why aren't we playing JET or Charlie? dont tell me injury.
                            Rangers Til I Die
                            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

What your stats don't show is quality. 6 shots maybe, but I don't recall him looking like scoring. More solid looking performance against one of the top teams but this no striker nonsense has to stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X