Pressing Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
    The main issue is that the 3 players yesterday who were key to playing the pressing game ie Faurlin, Sandro and Fer all missed pre season and you coul see them flag from 70 mins on. I think that this style of play would suit Luongo and Chery as you need pace and movement.
    Faurlin was properly beginning to flag, he was out on his feet late in the 2nd half. Would've liked to see either of those guys come on in his place and Henry move to the centre.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Klopp also plays a pressing game, took Liverpool a few games to adjust. We'll be the same.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        You don't need a 5* high quality training complex to get fit, that's Sunday league stuff. You can run anywhere.

This is a problem we've had for years and its down to training methods not facilities.
        well we have training coaches and strength & conditioning staff on the payroll.
        im sure that a part of the equation is our training "facility", the same one that the nerds at Imperial College London use. so im sure its top notch! #sarcasm
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          You don't need a 5* high quality training complex to get fit, that's Sunday league stuff. You can run anywhere.

This is a problem we've had for years and its down to training methods not facilities.
          I tend to agree with you in some things Bakes, but on this, I've got to side with Arthur. Facilities are a huge element in fitness, it isn't just about running, its about making sure players have the right areas, the right equipment and things like that. A new training ground with new facilities and resources with which to work the players in. Its about creating an environment which will maximise the output of players. There's a lot to be said which I don't have access to at the moment, but do check out the research into working environments and facilities for training.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Training facilities also play a large role in how a prospective player perceives the club and plays a significant factor in whether they choose to sign.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ell-Heath.html

Comment

So we don't have great facilities. But that is no excuse for professionals. The idea that you can't get proper aerobic fitness without state of the art is nonsense, and any pro who used lack of facilities as an excuse for not being fit needs someone to put the fear of god uphisarse bigtime. I hope JFH wont tolerate any slackers moaning about facilities.....

Our fitness levels under Harry were an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  any pro who used lack of facilities as an excuse for not being fit needs someone to put the fear of god uphisarse bigtime.
                  Wonder if Sonia from Eastenders used top level training facilities to get fit...!?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Wonder if Sonia from Eastenders
                    .... I still would have though..... ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X