• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasselbaink - background....from FourFourTwo, Independent and The Guardian

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...tjOQRZAFr1D0xA

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...ts-518049.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...wsstory.sport8
    Last edited by swede; 08-12-2015, 09:34 PM.

Too many http:// for the links to work

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

Interesting collation, thanks. One thing that stands out for me is that Jimmy came from a really tough childhood and learnt from adversity. This shows great character and mental toughness. I think these are the kind of qualities you need in a good manager, and it also means that while on the one hand, he can really relate to the players, on the other hand, he won't take any ####. I'm feeling excited by his appointment. This could really be the start of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Interesting collation, thanks. One thing that stands out for me is that Jimmy came from a really tough childhood and learnt from adversity. This shows great character and mental toughness. I think these are the kind of qualities you need in a good manager, and it also means that while on the one hand, he can really relate to the players, on the other hand, he won't take any ####. I'm feeling excited by his appointment. This could really be the start of something.
          Do you know Hubble, you might just be right!
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Liked that bit he said about playing any player no matter how young if they are good enough. And if anybody spits their dummy out he will just put it back in again for them.
            I honestly and genuinely believe the only thing that will stop this man being one of the great managers will be 'the curse'.

Comment

Scary to think he didn't even have a ticket at the time of the 4-4-2 piece (July 13). His stated aim in his first job was to get Antwerp back up. He failed. The Burton he took over were already top five in their division, so that promotion owed something to his predecessor. Once up, they continued their good form. And that's it.

I hope this works out but let's not kid ourselves. It's a massive gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Scary to think he didn't even have a ticket at the time of the 4-4-2 piece (July 13). His stated aim in his first job was to get Antwerp back up. He failed. The Burton he took over were already top five in their division, so that promotion owed something to his predecessor. Once up, they continued their good form. And that's it.

It's not a massive gamble because we were shite before he arrived. What's the worst that can happen? Relegation? Not gonna happen so it's lower mid table the worst we can expect, which is bang on where Ramsey would've taken us.

I'm happy to have Hasselbaink here. As well as talking a good game, his teams tend to play one (up to now) and he comes across as a hard as nails #######. Just what we need.

Go Jimmy!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

In your opinion.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, all these ultra-positive points that keep coming out about talent, desire, hard work and being very disciplined are the very reason why he was chosen from a long list of potential candidates. And not because the board failed to do their job properly, because nobody else wanted it, because he was cheap or because he was black.

Whilst I would have been happy with Pearson, I don't think there can be any doubt that JFH had a far more successful playing career, is every bit as respected within the game, appears to be every bit as tough, makes a far quicker initial impact and is streets ahead in terms of how most of us would like to see our manager represent our club.

So for me, not so much of a gamble as an astute choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      I honestly and genuinely believe the only thing that will stop this man being one of the great managers will be 'the curse'.
                      By what standards are you thinking JFH will be great? If it is simply QPR then I sincerely hope so too.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Maybe, just maybe, all these ultra-positive points that keep coming out about talent, desire, hard work and being very disciplined are the very reason why he was chosen from a long list of potential candidates. And not because the board failed to do their job properly, because nobody else wanted it, because he was cheap or because he was black.

Whilst I would have been happy with Pearson, I don't think there can be any doubt that JFH had a far more successful playing career, is every bit as respected within the game, appears to be every bit as tough, makes a far quicker initial impact and is streets ahead in terms of how most of us would like to see our manager represent our club.

#standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

An astute gamble ?

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                            An astute gamble ?
                            That's the "sitting on the fence" view.

Comment

JFH had a far more successful playing career
                              I'm afraid that is absolutely no guide to management success.

I think Pearson laid the foundations for Leicester's current success. I think Rodgers achievement at Liverpool was a pretty decent stab at a club which was dysfunctional by its own standards when he turned up - Klopp said Liverpool played some beautiful football under Rodgers, as did Swansea when he was there. We all witnessed it. Those are examples of form when it comes to management. You look at the win ratio and the level at which it was achieved. By comparison, JFH is a gamble - my opinion of course. But I don't think it's an irrational viewpoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X