Find Fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    always looked like he was trying to do too much taking an extra touch and getting caught on the ball
    This. Looks like he needs alot of space which is not easy to find in this League. He has to up his game immensly.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      People seem to have a very negative take on last night's game, in this thread and others. Sure we had nothing up top till Charlie came on but we all know that problem without a recognised striker. Think we actually moved the ball around very well in the middle (not the final third) and looked one of the more comfortable I have seen us this season. Reading hardly looked the home side except maybe one ten minute spell in the second half. Ale was everywhere until he tired a bit near the end and Sandro was solid - those two are key for us imho. I don't get this desire to slate a player almost for the sake of it. Fer is a fantastic talent and if we all stay patient with him will become a tremendous player for us. If anyone was a weak link it was probably Petrasso and I hope Chery will start next game but not going to slate the lad as he is young and home grown and good to see him being given a chance.
      not slating the player at all. just having a healthy debate that I sincerely hope the guy would just give as much effort running down balls, jumping for headers, and being a bit more clever with his play, like the rest of his teammates have been the last 2 games.

quite the contrary to slating in fact. I was saying just before the goal went in that we haven't scored yet and weren't leaving with the full 3 pts. its just a shame Fer is quite disinterested at times.
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Don't know how Fer stayed on the pitch for the whole game.. He has been a massive disappointment. Total waste of money. Hasn't proved anything to me.. Looks slow, looks unfit, his touch is terrible. Should be dropped. Hopefully JFH can get him sorted.
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          If anyone was a weak link it was probably Petrasso and I hope Chery will start next game but not going to slate the lad as he is young and home grown and good to see him being given a chance.
          Yeah, I hope Chery starts next game...in place of Fer

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Yeah, I hope Chery starts next game...in place of Fer
            Was Petrasso that weak, I only was able to watch the 2nd half so I didn't see a lot of him?
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              Was Petrasso that weak, I only was able to watch the 2nd half so I didn't see a lot of him?
              Didn't have much of an impact - bit like against Leeds.

Not digging him out though...needs a few games to adjust to the level.

Comment

Did nothing again
                R's

Comment

Getting fed up with him ow, wasting a space , especially when everyone else is giving it their uttermost all

Comment

Passenger. If we get offered anything above £2mil in Jan take it. Totally ineffective player

Comment

Pants. Would be very happy to see up him go. Takes an age to do anything. Takes endless touches to go nowhere. Three at least. Even time he tries to control the ball he spins up in the air or away from him. Only think he offers is his size. Chery in on Saturday. And a decent championship striker in the window.

Comment

Didn't think he was as bad as some are saying. Had more possession than anyone on our team except faurlin and Phillips and looks a threat on every set piece. Can see some of the criticism, but he blocks a lot of clearances, he does actually close down sometimes and generally is a good target if we need to get the ball out from the back.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Didn't think he was as bad as some are saying. Had more possession than anyone on our team except faurlin and Phillips and looks a threat on every set piece. Can see some of the criticism, but he blocks a lot of clearances, he does actually close down sometimes and generally is a good target if we need to get the ball out from the back.
                          A cone would block the odd clearance. He could have possession for the entire ninety minutes and not do anything with it. The reason he has so much time in the ball is that Three Touch Fer he takes an age to control the ball. Him being a a target is a fair point, but nothing ever came from any of his touches today. For a big man he's a bit of a wuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            A cone would block the odd clearance. He could have possession for the entire ninety minutes and not do anything with it. The reason he has so much time in the ball is that Three Touch Fer he takes an age to control the ball. Him being a a target is a fair point, but nothing ever came from any of his touches today. For a big man he's a bit of a wuss.
                            Except for the 3 key passes he played (only faurlin played more and those include his set pieces). IMO he's given a bad rap for being lanky in his movement. I think he is a worker but he times it quite well.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Poor again. think Chery deserves a go at Number 10. Don't think Fer does enough, he has never done enough. Disappointing.
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Fer isn't playing well, let chery go at number 10 imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X