Rather mild for December isn't it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    And you might be sunbathing tomorrow Nick...
    Wouldnt go a miss, ill keep you posted.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Here's the point, and I think you'd have to be Ostrich-like to ignore it: we've just had the warmest and wettest winter on record. Three years ago we had the wettest year on record. In the UK we've had a succession of record breaking years this century, whether it be wettest or warmest. Globally we've had a succession of hottest years overall. Weather events across the globe are becoming increasingly extreme, whether they be drought, rainfall, snow, wind or temperature related. So clearly, something is going on.

The main argument about what is causing this seems to be between those who say human activity is the main factor, and those who disagree. For my money, it is human activity, since this is the only factor, out of all those that influence climate, that has radically changed, and has been increasing exponentially, since the industrial revolution really got going a couple of hundred years ago. On a planetary timescale, that is the blink of an eye.

Chaos theory, which is decent science, clearly explains how all systems are dependent on a set of initial conditions to maintain the appearance of stability. When you add in a new condition to any system, it will have an effect. The bigger the change, the bigger the effect. The more you push the 'envelope' of a system - in other words the balance of the conditions that create it - the closer it will edge towards chaos. And then, if pushed too far, the previously (relatively) stable system will collapse completely into chaos. I believe that's what's happening with our weather, and of course, I'm not alone in this. Our weather systems are rapidly becoming more and more extreme. The seasonal patterns that we have been historically used to are disappearing. I have yet to hear or read any convincing argument that this is not, at least in part, due to human activity.

Comment

No. It's definitely not happening. The world's climate is not heating up.

"February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amount."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...hocking-amount

Comment

Working...
        X