Kenny Jackett: I have had no approach from QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    Far better this way than the days where every single story was leaked from the club to the press.

If it was going to be Powell i don't see why there would be any delay in announcing it, so think we can write that one off. Only a guess, but im thinking the reason it is taking longer than anticipated is because we are going after someone who already has a club and thats why it is being delayed.
    I think you're right here, but I would also argue that we MIGHT be seeing how NW gets on.

I think the club are really conscious of foooking up again so they are really taking their time on this one.

Comment

A tweet from Paul Smith on dot.org. says JFH to us is almost a done deal, while Clough is going back to Burton.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Have we actually approached anyone other than Chris Powell?

Comment

wouldn't be disappointed in Jacket? but thought there are better out there we could go after some even in good jobs we could've tried to tempt into coming with descent wages and a good bonus(like we tempted Warnock when he was at palace)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            Only a guess, but im thinking the reason it is taking longer than anticipated is because we are going after someone who already has a club and thats why it is being delayed.
            I reckon it is taking longer than anticipated because other than Warnock and Powell, no-one is interested in the job.

If that is the case then it is an absolute no-brainer - keep Warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Wouldn't complain as much as some of the others I've seen linked, but would be an average appointment. Might as well just stick with Warnock.
              Agree better than Powell but might as well just stick with Warnock than Jackett.

Comment

Maybe warnock genuinely doesn't want it full time . Everyone's assuming he's pulling our planks but whatever this personal issue is maybe that's more important . Jacket certainly wouldn't be a bad appointment and much better than powel . I'd prefer jfh long term as I think he comes accross brilliantly and clearly has his head screwed on . Just wait and see I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Is there a prime / sell by date on managers?
                  No not at all mate. Just will be approaching 60 and might be time to chill a bit

We know some managers go on and on. My point was he at least should have 3,4 5 years in him of working flat out if you know what I mean.

Comment

Someone knows because the market is still suspended across the board.

The Ruperts market meanwhile is open to anyone who cares to have a punt. Bookmakers wont suspend without prior knowledge because its much more lucrative to stay open. Which means someone has lumped on who they reckon has the knowledge.

There does come a point where in the interests of stability the club should come out of the closet on this, even if its just to extend Colin's current 'temporary' tenure. I think he knows exactly what's going on.
                    Last edited by hal9thou; 01-12-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      No not at all mate. Just will be approaching 60 and might be time to chill a bit

We know some managers go on and on. My point was he at least should have 3,4 5 years in him of working flat out if you know what I mean.
                      I guess I see what you mean, but Kenny Jackett is a football man so I cant see him winding down when he hits 60 unless its gone pear shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        I guess I see what you mean, but Kenny Jackett is a football man so I cant see him winding down when he hits 60 unless its gone pear shaped.
                        I'd take Kenny jackett.

Good solid manager.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          I'd take Kenny jackett.

Good solid manager.
                          Me too - I like to think he has good feelings towards QPR as well.

Huge shame when he left, he was a big person just like McClaren was in our play-off winning season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            I'd take Kenny jackett.

Good solid manager.
                            Agree won't set world alight but you know what your going to get with him.

Comment

My worry with Jackett is it seems the Wolves Fans are chomping at the bit for him to go and find it amusing they may even get compensation for him. I work with a couple of the them and they think its hilarious we want him.....if indeed we do......as it is so far all paper talk. I did like him with Olly but whilst being a better fit than Powell he doesn't pull up any trees for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                My worry with Jackett is it seems the Wolves Fans are chomping at the bit for him to go and find it amusing they may even get compensation for him. I work with a couple of the them and they think its hilarious we want him.....if indeed we do......as it is so far all paper talk. I did like him with Olly but whilst being a better fit than Powell he doesn't pull up any trees for me.
                                Fans say that about players sometimes, they then go on to do wonderful things.

To be fair to KJ, he did a great job at turning Wolves around. A proper sinking ship when he went there.

Comment

Working...
                                X