What a difference a change in manager makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a change in manager makes

Under Ramsey we scored for fun but conceded loads, albeit former had started to decline. Under Warnock much tighter in defence but limited going forwards! Bit early to properly judge Warnock but we do seem to struggle for balance.

Defensively we have the same players as when we were rubbish at the back but they look better organised. Personally think this is partly helped by them being protected better from midfield in the last few games.

I do prefer the more solid look to us but Warnock not a long term solution and would prefer to see new guy in sooner rather than later. If Warnock was 10 years younger would be interested to see where he could take us.

Reading away a real test. Been hit and miss of late but they have the potential to give our newer solid look a hard time.

Thing that gets me is whilst we lack real punch going forwards (Austin aside) we have offensive players who at this level should be carving up defences. Phillips, Hoilett, Chery, Fer for starters and even with injury niggles we have had any two of those available I think for every game. Add in Lounago and Jet and there should be goals in this team even allowing for them not being clinical finishers.

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Under Ramsey we scored for fun but conceded loads, albeit former had started to decline. Under Warnock much tighter in defence but limited going forwards! Bit early to properly judge Warnock but we do seem to struggle for balance.

Defensively we have the same players as when we were rubbish at the back but they look better organised. Personally think this is partly helped by them being protected better from midfield in the last few games.

I do prefer the more solid look to us but Warnock not a long term solution and would prefer to see new guy in sooner rather than later. If Warnock was 10 years younger would be interested to see where he could take us.

Reading away a real test. Been hit and miss of late but they have the potential to give our newer solid look a hard time.

Thing that gets me is whilst we lack real punch going forwards (Austin aside) we have offensive players who at this level should be carving up defences. Phillips, Hoilett, Chery, Fer for starters and even with injury niggles we have had any two of those available I think for every game. Add in Lounago and Jet and there should be goals in this team even allowing for them not being clinical finishers.
    I think the issue Warnock has had attacking will soon be rectified when Austin gets a starting spot. Hoilett, Fer or Chery playing behind him will bring goals from the middle, Phillips will bring good crossing when he starts out wide. Faurlin brings set piece danger with him. The good thing is that we know we have avenues to score and we aren't just scoring one type of goal. When the team gets fully fit and working together, expect great balance from our first 11
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
    X