No announcement yet.

Hoilett behind front man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on...Hoilett has played the last few games behind the striker (his natural position by the way) and done well, but some of you want him back on the wing? Where he's been pony since we signed him? I don't understand.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I dont want hoilett on the wing at all, the bloke cant pick a cross or pass to save his life.

As a number 10 he does have potential but not over Fer or Chery. Both are much better players. Chery is our second top goal scorer and has the ability to make runs and pick out balls that hurt the opposition.

Comment

Some good options for the No 10 role. Hoilett, Fer and Chery can all do a good job there. Quite a headache for Jimmy but it'll be interesting to see how he works with the two Dutch players.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
          Agreed - he is a number 10, a proper luxury player who can unlock a defense or score a scream.

Trouble is, Hoillet is playing very well but there is every chance that he will get pushed back out wide for Reading game. (Just hope he doesnt get dropped)

With Yun probably injured its likely / should be.

Phillips, Faurlin, Sandro, Hoilett

Chery or Fer

Austin
          Should be Fer if Phillips is wide right. Then Chery and Hoilett compete for left wing.

The issues with:

-----Austin
          Hoilett--Chery--Phillips

...is Phillips only has one person to aim at. Our centre mids aren't really box to boxers (and nor should they be in that formation) so that only leaves Charlie + two midgets to aim at. And neither midget particularly likes attacking the box. Fer on the other hand is much better at that, and can effectively make a second forward man for Phillips to aim at when the ball goes wide right.

Comment

I think hoilett has proven recently that he's the best choice behind the striker. Philips on the right and whoever has a better left foot on the left: chery or fer. if its a push, id prefer chery - has a better work ethic and isn't as much a queen
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
              I think hoilett has proven recently that he's the best choice behind the striker. Philips on the right and whoever has a better left foot on the left: chery or fer. if its a push, id prefer chery - has a better work ethic and isn't as much a queen
              Perhaps its just me, but think Chery doesnt work anywhere near hard enough and would say he is probably the biggest "queen" in the squad. Dont like nor attempt to tackle.

Although not in great form, FER would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Comment

Working...
              X