My take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take

Green...barely had a thing to do, but that mistake in the first half was indefensible. He's very lucky the lad messed the chance up.
    Perch...played ok today, decent in the air, got forward well and put in a couple of good crosses, a few dodgy moments but otherwise ok.
    Ned...had a very good game. Solid in defence and the return of Hall seems to have improved him massively.
    Hall...the lad is class. Simply class. Didn't put a foot wrong today, another very good performance from him.
    Konchesky...Did well in defence, Mowatt and Dallas hardly got a look in. Did ok going forward, put in a few decent crosses but that's an area of his game that's pretty weak for me.
    Faurlin...wonderful player isn't he? Passing and tackling were great, and that corner for Charlie's goal was superb.
    Sandro...absolute rock today, bar one mistake where he put the ball out for a throw rather than let it go, he didn't put a foot wrong either. Surprised he was able to last the 90.
    Yun...the only disappointment for me today, but then he was playing out of position. He looked a bit lost, but there were moments where he looked pretty good.
    Phillips...caused the Leeds defence untold problems, was much better when Charlie came on and he went back to right wing. Good performance.
    Hoilett...Man of the match for me. Very very lively, caused their defence nightmares and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself.
    Petrasso...decent debut. Steady performance, can see why people rate him so highly. Hopefully he continues to get chances.

The introduction of Chery and Charlie most definitely lifted the crowd, and that in turn gave the players a big lift. Goes back to my point about the players performing better when we get right behind them. Pleased Charlie got straight back on the scoresheet. You could see how much that goal meant to the players. Faurlin went mental.in front of R block when that went in.
    Overall, very pleasing performance and a great result. Onwards and upwards, boys.
    Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 28-11-2015, 10:28 PM.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Go along with all that. Green and Perch worry me and Yun in midfield is an away selection, not for the game we should be playing at home.

Comment

Agree other then Phillips totally wasted up top and looks out of his depth playing front role

Comment

Hoillet looked like a different player

Comment

someone must have told him United are sniffing
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Cambridge United

Comment

Spot on assessment Ginge.

Thought some of the football we played today was really lovely. Some fine moves. If we were a bit better in the final third we'd of hammered them.

Petrasso was decent. Looks a player. Perch much better but agree with you on Hoilett. So happy with his game today. Ran at people, drove forward with the ball at his feet. Caused all kinds of problems and was a real handful.

Warnock Defo sorted the defensive problems out too. Something Ramsey just couldn't master.
              Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 29-11-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Shame we can't play a Steve Evans team every week, to be fair Rotherham looked so much better than Leeds.

Comment

Holiett got to play through the middle for me not out on the wing. Problem is we have Chery and Fer also in that position but Junior deserves to keep his place after todays performance. For about 25 mins in 2nd half thought we was brilliant. Only moan i have is Green, needs to be dropped for me. Give Smithies a run in the team bet he's itching to play.

Comment

Agree with ninja's view
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                      Shame we can't play a Steve Evans team every week, to be fair Rotherham looked so much better than Leeds.
                      Thought Leeds looked equally bad as MKDons

Comment

Leeds fans were giving it large all game, and completely stopped when the subs announcement was made, which then lifted us as we'd been quiet all game. would have been pretty annoyed if they'd have won, having been given the whole school end.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Thought Leeds looked equally bad as MKDons
                          That is why loons who live for negativity are talking tosh when they say we are in a relgation battle

So many rubbish sides in this division and we beat them at home which will ensure mid table. Though we should be doing so much better

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            That is why loons who live for negativity are talking tosh when they say we are in a relgation battle

So many rubbish sides in this division and we beat them at home which will ensure mid table. Though we should be doing so mucGh better
                            I don't think we will get relegated but Kev, you can't rely on other teams being worse in order to survive, you have to make that happen, and I reckon if we put some distance between us and the bottom the top six will start looking over their shoulders. No one will fancy a rejuvenated QPR creeping up the table. What price us v Derby in the play offs? There's always a story in football.

Comment

Leeds one of the worse sides I've seen this season. Nothing about them at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X