Well, I would be pleased...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Nah stop defending the inexcusable just cos it's Rangers. We're a shambles and have been for the last 4/5 years.
    Makes me laugh when fans who wear their blue and white spectacles through any issue bring up the Wembley final... It's almost the last resort to any argument your clinging on to. That one day at Wembley and for what in the end.... to be relegated bottom of the prem and be 5 points off the Championship relegation zone in December 2015 with an interim manager.

A lot of good things though in the last 4 to 5 years yerrrrrr.............
    If I could have used this quote in my thread the other day, it would have been superb. THIS is our problem, we are ####ing spoilt rotten.

#### me, some clubs can only dream of being in the Prem and going to Wembley. What happened to getting behind the club and being optimistic about the future? 5 points of relegation and 8 of the play-offs....

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      If I could have used this quote in my thread the other day, it would have been superb. THIS is our problem, we are ####ing spoilt rotten.

#### me, some clubs can only dream of being in the Prem and going to Wembley. What happened to getting behind the club and being optimistic about the future? 5 points of relegation and 8 of the play-offs....
      Spoilt rotten?? Hahahaha Yeah cos we've really been spoilt these last few years aint we... give me someone like Bournemouth's rise and run club over this any day.
      What happened to getting behind the club and being optimistic?? Oh i dunno..... I think that may of worn off after our second feeble attempt at staying in the Prem with a well assembled squad... or was it the driving up and down the country to watch a team not give a sh1t, whilst being fed the 'long term plan' by our owners. Nooo actually I think it's being charged £500 for a season ticket still after years of sticking by the club through all this sh1te, whilst sitting 15th in the Championship back with Neil Warnock.

I love Rangers of old like anyone on here and I've kept quiet the last few weeks but now I'm ready to say a few words. Does anyone know what the clubs plan is now/where we are heading with Neil Warnock again?.... Cos it ain't back to the Prem any time soon.

But hey that Wembley final was a good day...
      Last edited by West London is Rss; 27-11-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Sorry 'life, I can't understand all the posts about us being spoilt. We're not spoilt - we've got to the Prem TWICE in quick succession and f***** it up BOTH times. I am certain fans would be happy just surviving and building slowly because we're not glory hunters here. No one expects titles although a cup run might be nice. The frustration at winning the big prize then throwing it away TWICE is what comes across to me, not being spoilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          Sorry 'life, I can't understand all the posts about us being spoilt. We're not spoilt - we've got to the Prem TWICE in quick succession and f***** it up BOTH times. I am certain fans would be happy just surviving and building slowly because we're not glory hunters here. No one expects titles although a cup run might be nice. The frustration at winning the big prize then throwing it away TWICE is what comes across to me, not being spoilt.
          Personally, I just feel and I am included in this, that all the sudden investment has pushed our expectations well out the park.

The year we got promoted, we was dead luck to. That squad on paper was terrible and half the fans on this very forum was livid about our chances. We've gone from nothing to something to nothing with a #### load of cash.

For me, I feel we got spoiled with fortune and hopes and we forgot where the hell we came from. I totally understand and respect the views that what I am saying is deluded but I am really trying to bring some reality back to this.

Comment

I'll support Warnock and any manager all the way but I would much rather we had got someone else in now to shake it up and take us forward.

Comment

Personally, I just feel and I am included in this, that all the sudden investment has pushed our expectations well out the park.

The year we got promoted, we was dead luck to. That squad on paper was terrible and half the fans on this very forum was livid about our chances. We've gone from nothing to something to nothing with a #### load of cash.

For me, I feel we got spoiled with fortune and hopes and we forgot where the hell we came from. I totally understand and respect the views that what I am saying is deluded but I am really trying to bring some reality back to this.
              No, you're not deluded. The delusion is at the top, that's the problem. They wanted to run before we could walk. Big wages, big stadium, unreal expectations with no real plan. Ok having money, not so good if you just waste it.

Comment

For me is a no. Last time the squad dynamics worked for Warnock. They were his type of players plus Adel. This time around I don't think it will work in the same way and my own view is a more modern manager would get best out of team. Hopefully I'm wrong and I do like old Colin but we are a very different team now. I'd be surprised if we finished much above where we are now which would be a lost opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  backwards step! shows that they really have no idea in which direction to take the club..so are going to let it float on the stagnant waters for another 6 months
                  This exactly. Shows no ambition / plan for the future. I am a big fan of TF and LF, but would find it hard to continue being positive about them if that is the route we take.

Comment

Not bothered anymore. Shambles of a season AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                      No, you're not deluded. The delusion is at the top, that's the problem. They wanted to run before we could walk. Big wages, big stadium, unreal expectations with no real plan. Ok having money, not so good if you just waste it.
                      Agreed - It didnt go to plan.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing. You cannot for one second fault the owners (as whole, not just TF) for pumping cash in the Prem. If anyone can post on here that it was stupid and wasn't happy at the time, then you are a ruddy liar. THAT in itself would prove the issue and how we are as fans, unhappy with whatever the board do right now.

The stadium and training grounds plans are good prospects which are bound to take forever, so that nobody should have any real complaints about. This is the sort of foundations we need in place, especially a youth system.

We may have wasted it, but we wasted their money. They just spunked a load more into our books to even it all out..

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Not bothered anymore. Shambles of a season AGAIN
                        This. Although Im still not 100% convinced we will appoint Warnock
                        Last edited by Hove Ranger; 27-11-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Didn't the scum win the league and league cup last year under Jose?
                          Yes, and how quickly have the media (not to mention a number of their fans) forgotten that? You can't live off of the past in football, recent or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Although I am not sure reappointing Warnock is the best move, not all returning managers fail 2nd time around. Pearson at Leicester is a prime example.
                            Agreed, but it is also worth stating that Pearson had far more freedom the second time around, and was able to spend money and make his own moves in the transfer market, compared to his first spell when Mandaric was still in charge. I can't see Warnock having anything like the freedom now that he had in 2011, especially given the DOF route that we have decided to go down in the years since. Our current setup will simply not attract anyone of any real quality though....no young, progressive manager wants to be told what to do by an ex-player, even a great one like Ferdinand.

Comment

I'm happy with Warnock being back so it's a YES from me. Utter shambles of a month as usual at Rangers with nonsensical PR and what appears to be zero happening.

Just wish we had people in charge who knew what the hell they were doing. We're a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                                Yes, and how quickly have the media (not to mention a number of their fans) forgotten that? You can't live off of the past in football, recent or otherwise.
                                Eh? What you have just said makes no sense haha.

You said about Jose doing bad when he went back to Chelsea, but that a load of sh1t? He won the double in his first year, only this year has it not started well.

I think Jose was a bad example, living of the past (2 months ago) when he won a load of trophies is not the same haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X